Jame Horner- 1953-2015

Started by Gazz, Jun 23, 2015, 01:34:55 AM

Author
Jame Horner- 1953-2015 (Read 12,764 times)

Gazz

Gazz

It appears that legendary film composer James Horner has died in a plane crash.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/06/22/pilot-killed-in-plane-crash-north-of-santa-barbara/

Although the above article does not make it clear, I am currently reading on twitter that sources are beginning to confirm Horner has indeed perished in the crash. Still, it's worth hoping for the best until the news is officially confirmed.

I had issues with much of his work in that I found his repetition frustrating and I often made jokes about it, but on his game Horner ranked among the very best. He is responsible for several of my favourite scores (Glory, Braveheart, Aliens, Commando) and he is another filmmaker whose work I grew up with. Much of my childhood played out to a soundtrack mix of Williams, Goldsmith and Horner. I'm completely taken aback by this news.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

We may have lost a great composer from our generation, guys! James Horner is unaccounted for after a plane crash!

http://mashable.com/2015/06/22/composer-james-horner-plane-crash/

Samayel

Samayel

Shocking, my fave composer of all time will be sorely missed. Horner's Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock and Krull are the most played soundtracks in my collection. I clearly remember the first time I heard his work, the main title of Battle Beyond the Stars back 1980, and was totally hooked.

RIP genius.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Oh my god, I'm shocked. Shocked. So tragic, I can't believe it. Just...

pointposse

i just read it myself and jumped on here, SAY IT AINT SO!!!!

RakaiThwei

It's official.

James Horner is dead.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-horner-dead-titanic-composer-804365

Go in Peace, Mr. Horner..

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well, shit. :(

RIP Mr. Horner, you will be missed.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The plane is registered to him but his death has not been confirmed yet, has it?

edit: Well shit, guess it's confirmed. That sucks.  :(

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

RIP James.  Your work is legend.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

This is terrible news. RIP

I don't care what the critics say. His aliens score was the best. :P

Alien³

Alien³

Very saddened by this. :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wow. This is just horrible. My heart and thoughts go out to James' family and friends in this difficult time. I don't know if it's just me but it certainly seems that a lot of prolific members of the film community are dying this year.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Very sad news. Been meaning to pick up the Braveheart soundtrack for years, probably one of the best scores to any movie ever.

RIP.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Shit.  :-[ This I really did not expect. My condolences to the family. May Horner rest in peace.

It's shocking.

szkoki

szkoki

my deepest condolences to his loved ones

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed