Russia's Abandoned Space Shuttle Program

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2015, 09:04:17 AM

Author
Russia's Abandoned Space Shuttle Program (Read 1,461 times)

Corporal Hicks

Perfect-Organism

Epic photos.  Nothing like knocking off our American friends.  Glad to see this failed.  No sympathy for lack of creativity.

Corporal Hicks

Space exploration should be about co-operation anyway. No single nation is going to be able to achieve it all alone.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2015, 07:57:14 AM
Space exploration should be about co-operation anyway. No single nation is going to be able to achieve it all alone.

Or competition.

We went from this:

to this:

in less than 70 years thanks in large part to the Space Race. In the last 45 years we haven't really topped the moon landings yet, have we?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Granted, it was born from competition. But that wont last us going forward. Need to continue working together as the next step is far more difficult.

Vermillion

Are you positive the American Space Shuttle is not a copy of the Russian ship? 

Oh and they had live tv of the moon landing in 1969.  Yet I lose my cellphone signal in my basement...46 years later....

...does anyone know why the U.S. "Stopped" going to the moon.
Look what the USSR invented in 1972.
A way to track objects that leave earths orbit.
Hmm. Interesting.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Vermillion on Jun 15, 2015, 12:10:58 PM

They achieved their goal. Sending people to the moon was prohibitively expensive. It was more of an symbolic achievement anyway. "Capitalism is better cause we put a man on the moon". Unmanned probes and robots could have done the scientific part of the job just as well.

Vermillion

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 15, 2015, 12:22:20 PM

They achieved their goal. Sending people to the moon was prohibitively expensive. It was more of an symbolic achievement anyway. "Capitalism is better cause we put a man on the moon". Unmanned probes and robots could have done the scientific part of the job just as well.

That's exactly what they want you to believe. 
Lol

Perfect-Organism

It is very curious why we are not exploring the moon for raw materials.  I figured we would be all over that by now.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 15, 2015, 03:55:36 PM
It is very curious why we are not exploring the moon for raw materials.  I figured we would be all over that by now.
What the moon has isn't needed at the moment and it's too expensive to do prematurely.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 15, 2015, 12:22:20 PM

We went from the wright bros to space shuttles in 70 years because of war. Competition and economic philosophy my ass, it was all rooted in fear and one-upmanship. We haven't done shit since mainly because of a lack of war.

Still though, the Russians are known for stealing but then again, if it isn't broke, why fix it? Of course that's probably why Russia is majorly broke now.  :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

War is competition, to the final degree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed