Best Pictures from The Prequels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 05, 2015, 01:47:35 PM

Author
Best Pictures from The Prequels (Read 125,560 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I must admit - I did enjoy it coming out of the floor. I thought it was looked very nice.

Here is another piece of pre-Prometheus artwork. In an early draft of the film, David would have taken Shaw (Watts back then) into the cargo hold of the Derelict where he would infect her with a facehugger. This particular piece of artwork is very reminiscent of Alien.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Interesting, so many changes were made before we ended up with Prometheus.

Corporal Hicks

I think Prometheus probably has a more interesting development story than Alien 3 does. So much of that earlier vision was conceptualized and that just increases the fascination imho. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

Not as good as the original but still pretty impressive looking.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2016, 08:20:54 AM
I think Prometheus probably has a more interesting development story than Alien 3 does. So much of that earlier vision was conceptualized and that just increases the fascination imho.

Considering how much content in 'Prometheus' is recycled from early scripts of 'ALIEN', I am wondering if some of that early and cut content from 'Prometheus' will make its way into 'ALIEN: Covenenant'.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 01, 2016, 10:00:09 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2016, 08:20:54 AM

Considering how much content in 'Prometheus' is recycled from early scripts of 'ALIEN', I am wondering if some of that early and cut content from 'Prometheus' will make its way into 'ALIEN: Covenenant'.

-Windebieste.

I think it's likely. I imagine after Prometheus Ridley came out of it thinking "damn, I did actually want that in there"...

My man crush on Fassbender is too obvious.

oduodu

oduodu

Wow wait a minute. Are you guys saying the chair coming out of the ground was a real prop ?? Not CGI?

They should have preserved it in working condition for some park or something.

Who made it ? Was it plastic wood or metal ??

426Buddy

426Buddy

The action of coming out of the floor was CGI, but they did make the chair itself, don't know the materials used.

oduodu

oduodu

Oh thanks

I wonder about the scene where the engineers starts climbing into the chair while it is still turning is that also cgi ??

426Buddy

426Buddy

I believe the chair could rotate on set, so just that bit of it raising up out of the floor is the CGI portion, great looking scene thats for sure.

oduodu

oduodu

Damn they should at least have kept the rotating chair for some fox theme park.

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 08, 2016, 08:26:40 PM
I believe the chair could rotate on set, so just that bit of it raising up out of the floor is the CGI portion, great looking scene thats for sure.

Yes terrific scene still gets goose bumps from watching the engineer climbing into the chair and throwing the switches.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Have you watched the Furious Gods documentary on prometheus? If not, its a really interesting watch, you should check it out.

I wonder if they did destroy the chair though, if they did it would be such a shame.

oduodu

oduodu

As far as I know the sets were broken down. I have never seen the furious gods. I don town a copy of prometheus.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They were broken down and scrapped off, I'm afraid. Some of the set pictures we received during the run up to Prometheus were off the chair in its scrapped state. I'll see if I can find them.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its hard to imagine how many amazing alien movie props and sets have been destroyed over the years. Such a shame!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed