1 (5.6%)
World War 2
9 (50%)
4 (22.2%)
Other
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author
Past settings for future Predator movies (Read 5,444 times)

DUB1

These are the ones that came to mind.

And yes, I know the chances of seeing Predators hunt Dinosaurs are slim to none without human involvement, but what the hell, I'm still making it an option for this poll, anyway.

Corporal Hicks

One of my favourite things about the Predator series is its versatility in story setting. Some of the comics are really interesting for shifting around like that.

For a future film, I would love to see a World War setting. Or Iraq/Afghanistan.

Master Chief

Been wanting a Predator in Feudal Japan for years.

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 22, 2013, 03:27:09 PM
Finally! Another fan that's onboard with a Feudal Japan setting.

Starring: Ken Watanabe, Hiroyuki Sanada, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, and Tom Cruise

DUB1

DUB1

If we ever get a Predator movie set in the Dark Ages, I actually wouldn't mind humans killing the Predators by trapping them in some of these sadistically creative devices from that time period.

Randomizer

I think World War 2 and the Dark Ages/Feudal Japan would need some love. Who doesn't want to see a 1vs1 Predator-Samurai? 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How about an anthology in different periods, with different preys 

Darkness

World War 2 or 1715 with the pirates. As cool as it would be to be during the age of dinosaurs, it'd never work in a movie.

Corporal Hicks

As shorts, the different periods could be really fun. As Crazy said, an anthology could be quite fun!

pred169

pred169

Missing persons lore could definitely tie into  a series of predator films. What actually happened to jack the ripper. Nabbed by preds who deemed him a worthy trophy. How did the Nazi party in world War II suddenly lose its ground and lose. How did Genghis Khan and the Mongolian empire almost conquer the globe only for khan to mysteriously die. To this day his death is still unexplained. As well as several feudal lords in Japan and throughout asia. And of course What actually happened to Jimmy Hoffa... he stumbled across a secret that he definitely took to his grave..... proof of extraterrestrial life in the form of predator tech. That's right... the mainstream fbi was looking at the wrong "mob". The possibilities are endless!
  Personally I like all of these ideas but my favorites are definitely either feudal Japan or in my opinion the best time line would be sometime in the mob wars. Way to many killings for predators to pass up.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2015, 07:44:59 PM
As shorts, the different periods could be really fun. As Crazy said, an anthology could be quite fun!

I agree, the anthology fits more with short films.

Quote from: pred169 on May 26, 2015, 10:43:47 PM
Missing persons lore could definitely tie into  a series of predator films. What actually happened to jack the ripper. Nabbed by preds who deemed him a worthy trophy. How did the Nazi party in world War II suddenly lose its ground and lose. How did Genghis Khan and the Mongolian empire almost conquer the globe only for khan to mysteriously die. To this day his death is still unexplained. As well as several feudal lords in Japan and throughout asia. And of course What actually happened to Jimmy Hoffa... he stumbled across a secret that he definitely took to his grave..... proof of extraterrestrial life in the form of predator tech. That's right... the mainstream fbi was looking at the wrong "mob". The possibilities are endless!
  Personally I like all of these ideas but my favorites are definitely either feudal Japan or in my opinion the best time line would be sometime in the mob wars. Way to many killings for predators to pass up.

There are lots of stories of missing people. Undoubtedly there are rational explanations for these disappearances, but these stories can serve as inspiration for the fiction of a film:

Franklin's lost expedition

Franklin's lost expedition was a failed trip of the British exploration in the Arctic, led by Captain Sir John Franklin, who left England in 1845.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin%27s_lost_expedition

This tragedy inspired a horror novel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terror_%28novel%29

Percy Fawcett

This adventurer disappeared while looking for an ancient lost city in the jungles of Brazil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Fawcett

Lost Colony of Roanoke

A colony that disappeared during the Anglo-Spanish War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Colony

Mary Celeste

It is considered a ghost ship, because it was found in the Atlantic Ocean, full sail without crew, bound for Gibraltar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste

Dyatlov Pass incident

The Dyatlov Pass Incident refers to an event that occurred on February 2, 1959 in the Ural mountains, in which nine young skiers were killed in mysterious ways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

In addition, there are a lot of mythological creatures. Then on the premise of a movie, the presence of Predators on Earth could have served as inspiration for these myths and legends. For example Spring-Heeled Jack  :laugh:

Space Invader

After seeing Predator: Dark Ages, now I want to see Predator vs pirates. So 1715 it is.

HuDaFuK

Dafuq?

No Vietnam option? I would've thought that was pretty logical time period. Jungle + war + heat.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 27, 2015, 09:10:10 AM
Dafuq?

No Vietnam option? I would've thought that was pretty logical time period. Jungle + war + heat.

Might be too much of a repeat. That'd be my only issue. We've already had 2 jungle based Predator films and the setting of the last one was complained about.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2015, 09:38:20 AMMight be too much of a repeat. That'd be my only issue. We've already had 2 jungle based Predator films and the setting of the last one was complained about.

There is that, but I figured a jungle that's in the grip of full, open, large-scale warfare would be enough of a twist to get the traditional setting in there while still adding something fresh. Plush you've also got the potential for some of the urban warfare that happened in Vietnam.

Or maybe it's just because I love Platoon :P

Corporal Hicks

I can't say I'm all up to date on my American war history but assuming the conflict had a massive, background presence it could be quite interesting if it turned into a larger scale affair.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed