Bill Paxton Wants Hudson in Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

Started by Adam802, May 20, 2015, 07:20:26 PM

Author
Bill Paxton Wants Hudson in Neill Blomkamp's Alien Sequel (Read 27,056 times)

kliq316

Far fetched solution - but the most probable if they wanted to do it ... open the new Alien film with a  short flashback of the last stages of the colony ... whilst Ripley is searching for Newt there's an explosion, that explosion dislodges the cocoon Hudson was in (already impregnated), he makes a run for it and finds the Dropship perrched on the landing platform. He sneaks aboard (fully knowing they wouldn't let him on if he was infected).

Everything else plays out as it did until the Sulaco docks at wherever.

DaddyYautja

#bringbackhudson.

Let's stop with all the silliness this is a movie.
Let's get creative and bring him back!

irn

He was found underground when the wreckage of Hadley's Hope was cleared. He rescued a colonists daughter from the hive and tried to escape with her. Now he's on a mission back to Earth to stop Weyland Yutani returning with the Derelict.

"The game's not over, man!"

whiterabbit

I'd love to see Hudson and an Alien escape the explosion and have to live with each other inside of a cave. Be sort of a remake from another movie but what the hell it's funkin-A!, Man.

Vermillion

whiterabbit

Quote from: Vermillion on May 21, 2015, 10:24:24 PM
Enemy Mine
Was thinking about the movie where an American and Japanese solider had to survive together during WW2 of which Enemy Mine itself is a remake of... but that works too!

I think Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune was in it ...to the google cave... Hell in the Pacific!

Origin

In all seriousness, f**k the noise that Aliens Colonial Marines is event remotely considered canon.

I'm all for Hudson getting cocooned and escaping before getting face-hugged, maybe waking up underground right as the atmo plant nukes out. Part of the resin breaks off, freeing an arm, and get has to frantically fight his way out and wrestle with a good ol' finger spider. f**k, he could even pull a knife from his armor and try to slice it off but the acid bleeds all over his hand and melts it off.

There ya go. The character escapes, but not unscathed. He scrounges some gear to get some comm equipment functioning (he was some kind of technician, as seen by him bypassing the door after the team first landed), holes up for a few weeks while he waits for a USCM rescue team.

All this time, he thinks everyone else is dead.

Or have him record some video/audio journal entries ala The Thing, and have them show up later.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Origin on May 22, 2015, 02:27:42 AMI'm all for Hudson getting cocooned and escaping before getting face-hugged, maybe waking up underground right as the atmo plant nukes out. Part of the resin breaks off, freeing an arm, and get has to frantically fight his way out and wrestle with a good ol' finger spider.

...Totally glossing over the fact the AP explosion will turn the entire colony (including anywhere Hudson could conceivably be cocooned) into "a vapour cloud the size of Nebraska".

Having Hudson live is even more of a slap in the face than ACM's Hicks retcon was.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. There's no way he could get far enough away in the time they've got. Isn't Nebraska like 200 miles across?

Unless...they went the way of the Aliens treatment and had an EEV/shuttle in the AP itself that Hudson comes across.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2015, 07:43:09 AMIsn't Nebraska like 200 miles across?

210 x 430, apparently.

Of course, it's a figure of speech so Bishop probably didn't mean it literally (because that would be one hell of an explosion). But even so, there's no way Hudson could have lived.

pred169

If he was under enough rock he could survive the blast. But the blast isn't the problem. The radioactive dust cloud from a thermonuclear explosion would be the problem. They can linger for several weeks....or longer. And if it happens to start raining that radioactive material is going to be brought back down and contaminate the soil. So unless he stays far enough underground to avoid exposure until rescue with a somehow untainted water source and food source he would surely die even if he had survived the initial blast.

But hey....it's the movies I guess anything is possible.

Perfect-Organism

This is such a bad idea it might actually be good.  Imagine everything is going to shit.  Hicks and Rips are screwed and out comes Hudson!

I hope nobody is taking this seriously...

Vermillion

Haha!

Die MotherF$&ker!

Lol

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 22, 2015, 07:47:47 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2015, 07:43:09 AMIsn't Nebraska like 200 miles across?

210 x 430, apparently.

Of course, it's a figure of speech so Bishop probably didn't mean it literally (because that would be one hell of an explosion). But even so, there's no way Hudson could have lived.

He's also talking about the vapour cloud, not the explosion. You could bend things with that, but Paxton's joking... though a Hudson spin-off would be the guiltiest pleasure...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed