Has AvPR improved wih age?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

Author
Has AvPR improved wih age? (Read 81,671 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Well, I appreciated that it revealed a new aspect of the Aliens' biology that we had never seen before, if nothing else.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 30, 2015, 04:36:39 PM
Dang, there goes that theory.  Out of curiosity, you guys staid you couldn't stomach a rewatch, which scenes couldn't you go through again?
Everything after the first five minutes. The second the hunter and his son rock up the movie starts going downhill fast.

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

The pizza guy fights his bully scene was equally as offensive to me as the pregnant lady. We come to see Alien versus Predator but they give us some teen drama bullshit?

Seriously, f that movie. Lowest point of both franchises, & a pretty low low for what even passes as a theatrical release. Indeed, AvPR should have gone straight to video & been forgotten.

blood.

blood.

It definitely got worse. Mainly because of this site. I used to actually like it, even though I knew it was bad. Now it's just pure crap. It's mainly just a film to make wolf look good. That's it. There's only 10 - 15 minutes of watchable footage for me now.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Nope. Haven't seen it since 2008 and have no plans too. One showing is enough.

Murfy426

Murfy426

When i first went to see it at the cinema I was around 14 cant really remember and i thought it was average nothing special, was pretty disappointed because the intro showed all the audio cues from the two franchises. motion trackers, predator technology noises etc and I thought "oh yeah they are going to do the two monsters a good service" did they hell. more like p***ed on them, the only character I liked was wolf but then who cannot like the predators. the characters were just victims for the slaughter with generic backstories who you didn't care about at all and the aliens were just cannon fodder which is the worst approach you can take for them. for god sake they were killed by M4s which only fire a weak 5.56 compared to the pulse rifles explosive tip rounds. They also screwed the idea of the alien lifecycle by allowing the predalien to impregnate people just by snogging them pretty much, completely eliminated the need for facehuggers. The hospital scene with the pregnant women was just disgusting and done in a horrible taste, I could understand their intentions because when alien was first released the idea of a man giving birth to the alien through rape pushed the boundaries but that just took the biscuit, I still remember a good deal of people walked out the cinema when that happened. Last point my favourite scene of the movie was when the delivery boy's girlfriend got diced in half thought that was epic but that one scene doesn't make a movie.

predxeno

predxeno

When did people walk out of the theatre; during the rape or the birth?

Murfy426

Murfy426

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 04, 2015, 10:48:50 PM
When did people walk out of the theatre; during the rape or the birth?
When the birth happened, my brother who took me there with his missus just shook his head when it happened, hes only seen the alien and predator movies once or twice but even he knew how bull it was

happypred

happypred

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Apr 03, 2015, 07:56:34 AM
It's mainly just a film to make wolf look good. That's it.

True...but after Anderson's AvP with its fake pyramid-architect predators...I appreciated the Strauses effort to rehabilitate the predators. Their execution of course offended a lot of Alien fans

predxeno

predxeno

Personally, I think the movie could have been a LOT worse.  Has anyone seen Species III (or any other SyFy movie)? It features another monster designed by H.R. Giger but is told in the most drab way possible that by the end of the movie, you have almost died of boredom like 10x.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: happypred on Apr 05, 2015, 02:31:34 AM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Apr 03, 2015, 07:56:34 AM
It's mainly just a film to make wolf look good. That's it.

True...but after Anderson's AvP with its fake pyramid-architect predators...I appreciated the Strauses effort to rehabilitate the predators. Their execution of course offended a lot of Alien fans

Too bad they lacked the ability to do that in a talented way rather than just pitting the Predator (Wolf) against complete retards.

predxeno

predxeno

Tbh, I think the Aliens always were retards, well... soldiers willing to throw their lives away, to be more exact; only mindless ants would swarm sentry guns only to be endlessly sacrificed for the well-being of their hive.  Out of hundreds of Aliens, only a handful are cunning enough like Kane's Son and Grid.

SiL

SiL

Humans used to rush machine-gun placements. It's not a "stupid" tactic. From what little we can see in the movie, few Aliens are actually hit, and some appear to be moving across the hallways instead of straight ahead, so they're not running right at them, either.

Out of 150-whatever Aliens, most survived until a thermonuclear explosion killed them all.

predxeno

predxeno

Still, anyone who played the AVP games knows by now that they are mostly cannon fodder, hell even Aliens shows them to be cannon fodder mostly.  AVP2 did an excellent job showing that Aliens can be of different intelligence levels just like humans; whereas most Aliens just charged the sentry guns to save their Queen, the player Alien finds a secluded route that provides shelter from the automated turrets.

SiL

SiL

f**k the games. They show Aliens as cannon fodder largely because they have to. People would be bored shitless in an action game if they only got to shoot five things in the whole game.

Aliens doesn't show them as cannon fodder to anyone who bothers to pay attention and realise we see very, very few Aliens die, and every time they die in any significant number, they change tactic. That's not cannon fodder, that's learning.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed