Dark Horse Fire and Stone Sequel On The Way?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 11, 2015, 09:22:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Fire and Stone Sequel On The Way? (Read 27,469 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: 8BA on Mar 24, 2015, 08:39:16 PM
I seem to remember feeling like things were being pushed back to arrive closer to Prometheus a few years ago.

I don't remember that. What were those things being release to coincide with Prometheus' release again?

predxeno

The re-release of the Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual for starters.

Lonely Universe

& the Colonial Marines game, but that turned out to be due to development troubles. The point is that I couldn't stand to wait that long.

Besides River Of Pain the only other thing I've got left to experience between now & P2/A5 is Alien: Isolation. I could get it on PS3 but to space things out I'm waiting until I have a PS4. Also, I want the best possible experience.

I wish Dark Horse would step up it's game to the speed of the 90's releases. I could go for a new book every month.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 24, 2015, 08:36:00 PM
Quote from: 8BA on Mar 24, 2015, 07:29:30 PM
Luckily a recent statement says that Blomkamp's Alien 5 has caused another "restart", which has also led to Rage War being rewritten to accommodate. Guess we can toss F&S into the ole' 'What If' pile along with well, pretty much everything else.

Well, that statement could mean anything. I mean... Fire and Stone still takes place in 2179, right? Like.. DURING the events of ALIENS, am I correct in this? If that is the case.. that could remain "safe" and Blomkamp's movie doesn't affect it, assuming that movie is a retcon. And statements make it appear as such..

Aliens starts a week after Aliens and then continues for about 6 months. The other series take place nearly a century or so after Aliens.

Xenomorphine

In hindsight, I'm now curious as to what the story was meant to be, before they had to advance it in time. If memory serves right, that was the reason for why the spacesuits wound up looking like those of the Prometheus crew; not enough time to change the art.

Corporal Hicks

Don't recall hearing that one. I will be sure to ask Paul Tobin.

happypred

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 24, 2015, 10:31:43 AMAs for nanotechnology, that should have meant it affected David 8 when he touched it, too.

Keep in mind that Elden didn't just touch a drop of the accelerant...Francis injected a large quantity of it into Elden's system.

Perhaps synthetics are more resistant to the accelerant albeit not immune. David would be the most resistant to any sort of change. A human would be highly vulnerable and Elden would be somewhere in between.

Perhaps the accelerant started converting Elden's synthetic mass into organic mass or something like that. I agree that the writers could've done a much better job of explaining things. Mentioning "meat robot" isn't really an adequate explanation.

predxeno

Elden was a construct with living tissue inside of him while David was a synthetic made completely of nonorganic parts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed