So here's how I think Blomkamp's "A L I E N S: Revelations" goes down....

Started by LiquidMonster, Mar 06, 2015, 05:58:36 PM

Author
So here's how I think Blomkamp's "A L I E N S: Revelations" goes down.... (Read 13,134 times)

Infected

Quote from: Close Encounters on Mar 06, 2015, 06:49:19 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 06, 2015, 06:40:25 PM
Quote from: Close Encounters on Mar 06, 2015, 06:37:17 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 06, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 06, 2015, 06:30:13 PMSee, now here's my question. Assuming we do actually get to see any of that... How the Hell are they gonna pull that off with the actors being as old as they are?

Simple, the film opens up 30 years later.  Everything I just described is told to us via snippets of expository dialogue.

This. Just show Ripley and/or Hicks and/or Newt going about their daily life 30 years later and a WY representative or Colonial Marines officer walks up to them and says 'Hey, about that LV-426 thing......yeeeeeeah......"

Maybe they do go about their everyday lives but get wind of someone acquiring the Xenomorph, knowing what they can do and being the only people with experience probably go off by themselves to sabotage the operation.

That could work, too. Question is how they get wind of it. I certainly hope that WY doesn't just go around the galaxy leaping for joy saying "WE FOUND THE XENO HOMEWORLD! YIPPEEE!!! All your weapons development money are belong to us!" That might be a little too blunt.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 06, 2015, 06:43:36 PM
If the aliens wind up on Earth, the old gang won't have much choice about getting involved.

Hey hey, gotta save some things for Alien 6 now.... :laugh:
Talking about Blunt... Emily Blunt as Newt?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Infected on Mar 06, 2015, 10:50:47 PMTalking about Blunt... Emily Blunt as Newt?

Has Blunt demonstrated an ability to kill aliens?

Son Of Kane

Yes she has.

Emily Blunt as Newt would be perfect, and don't "leave things for a sequel" do whatever is right for the film you're making.

Close Encounters

Close Encounters

Quote from: Infected on Mar 06, 2015, 10:50:47 PM
Talking about Blunt... Emily Blunt as Newt?

I....I....I, no. But now.....now I'm all for it. She'd be in the right age bracket if it has, in fact, been 30 years since Aliens. And she certainly has shown a capacity for killing aliens.

So long as we keep Tom Cruise as far from the Alien franchise as possible. Even die-hard Alien 3 fans can agree on that, I think.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 06, 2015, 11:14:36 PM
Yes she has.

Emily Blunt as Newt would be perfect, and don't "leave things for a sequel" do whatever is right for the film you're making.

Can she say "mostly" the right way?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You've posted the same link in three different threads. Think that's enough.

Xenomorphine

'District 9' aired, tonight and I decided to rewatch most of it, for obvious reasons. Had forgotten how realistic the gore was in it. Don't think this production will be holding back on that, at all.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 06, 2015, 11:26:10 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 06, 2015, 11:14:36 PM
Yes she has.

Can she say "mostly" the right way?

Woudn't matter because not even Carrie Henn would say it, she absolutely hates the line.

LiquidMonster

In light of Bill Paxton's comments saying he'd like to see "Hudson" back, I've mega bumped my story idea for ALIENS: R E V E L A T I O N S

szkoki

the story will be the same probably just like all his previous movies had the same story

Jarac

Blomkamp will just do the sensible thing and pretend that A3 never existed. It will just be ignored. It would be damn near impossible to fit what he wants as being a mid-quel to A:3. It cannot and should not be done. Ignoring is the best solution.

Gash

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 06, 2015, 10:26:19 PM
Scott loves 'Aliens'

Bit strong. I've only ever heard him say it was a 'good' film, that didn't go in the direction he would have taken. Which I take as a diplomatic way of saying it was a disappointment. After all, all it did was take the plot of  A L I E N  and give it an 80s macho/action makeover.

Kel G 426

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed