Pre-production on new Alien film will start next week

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Mar 05, 2015, 11:06:59 AM

Author
Pre-production on new Alien film will start next week (Read 28,955 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 07, 2015, 07:16:36 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 07, 2015, 02:40:27 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 07, 2015, 02:32:52 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 07, 2015, 02:18:55 PM
Yeah that is what I mean, it lacked the giger touch, I wonder if the differences were intentional, I mean one thing you can say about Prometheus is that it caused more questions to be asked than any answers given (if there were any)

There was an interview with someone involved who mentioned it was a deliberate choice of Ridley Scott's to remove the 'bio' element from biomechanical. I don't quite remember who.

Yes, and a lot of artists on the production team had to fight for or sneak in Giger-esque details.

There's a story behind why this all happened but it's probably irresponsible to talk about it.

What story is that?

I am also interested in that story.

It is top secret or something like that?  :P

Valaquen

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Mar 08, 2015, 04:11:18 PM
What story is that?

Pretty much, and I couldn't substantiate it completely for you guys, which would lead to more nonsense.

CainsSon

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 08, 2015, 06:53:45 PM
What story is that?

Pretty much, and I couldn't substantiate it completely for you guys, which would lead to more nonsense.

Come on! OUT WITH IT.
No judgement.

but getting back to the pile of engineer bodies, I only see the indication of chestbursters. Again, I think a story about early history earthling men and women being willfully abducted and experimented on, could be something really creepy.

Local Trouble

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 09, 2015, 02:45:15 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 08, 2015, 06:53:45 PM
What story is that?

Come on! OUT WITH IT.
Seconded.

Federick Gonsa

I have to say this is like the most insecure production I have ever heard of. It is always "Probably", "Maybe", "Hopefully", "I think". All words I have read Neil Blomkamp use when addressing the new Alien movie. Still. I want to see this vision realized. I just watch Alien and Aliens back to back..... and goddamn... Aliens was an amazing movie. I had forgotten that. Let's see where he takes the movie. For someone who dismisses 2 films of the franchise, he must be pretty confident on his story. Let's see where it goes.

Nightmare Asylum

It's early days yet. ""I think and "maybe" and all of those other vague non-descriptors are just being thrown around because it's way too early to let any actual information out.

Federick Gonsa

True, but saying saying "probably" enters pre-production next week is a bit odd. I would think that if I was to helm a multi-million hollywood film I could say i start "probably" next month, but one week before starting I should know for sure my starting date. But I don't know. I don't know much about the film making process.

OpenMaw

Then if you don't know... it's not exactly fair to criticise his language use, is it?

Things like can change on a dime in the film industry.

HuDaFuK

No, I get his point.

Surely if pre-production is going to start "next week", you'd know if it was definitely on or not.

OpenMaw

Unless of course they were waiting to see how Chappie performed, before giving an absolute go ahead.

Things like that tend to drastically change the landscape.  :)

genocyber

From the concept art shown of his ideas...the story looks like xenomorphs being held in captivity in a underground bio dome and studied by Weyland Yutani. I'd say Ripley is sent there with Hicks as part of a team to help supervise things, and it all goes wrong. Almost like a Jurassic Park movie.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 09, 2015, 01:37:58 PMI'd say Ripley is sent there with Hicks as part of a team to help supervise things, and it all goes wrong.

Ripley would never agree to take part in the breeding and study of Aliens in any capacity.

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2015, 01:40:49 PM
Ripley would never agree to take part in the breeding and study of Aliens in any capacity.

Yeah, nor would WY be foolish enough to send her.

Murfy426

Unless someone on the inside of that facility grew a conscience, realising the danger of the aliens put forward their doubts to their superiors and was ignored and knowing ripley's involvement with the species, contacted her in an effort to put things right, it would be an interesting aspect if the films plot followed this insider instead of ripley as I believe we have exhausted the scope of her character, don't get me wrong it will be good to have her in the movie but it would be refreshing to have a new main character and please no female copy of her shaw from Prometheus and the female soldier from AVP R were enough

The Cruentus

Quote from: Murfy426 on Mar 09, 2015, 01:50:39 PM
Unless someone on the inside of that facility grew a conscience,

That is a problem on its own, the evil company angle is just stupid, even more stupid would be only one person being good, human conscience is not rare in any company, no matter its dealings, much more than one person would be ethical its just a matter of courage to speak up.
If they want a fresh take for Alien V, have the company been helpful for a change, more than just neutral.
The bad thing about an evil company is that they must lack common sense  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed