Pre-production on new Alien film will start next week

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Mar 05, 2015, 11:06:59 AM

Author
Pre-production on new Alien film will start next week (Read 28,707 times)

Son Of Kane

Maybe this is where Shaw's line "And who made them?"-will lead perhaps?

The Cruentus

Well if SJ did create Engineers, then so far they have succeeded in nearly emulating them completely, I noticed that their tech doesn't seem to be as bio-mechanic as SJ version though, I will need to double check that, I can't remember the last time I saw Prometheus.

Son Of Kane

It is as mechanical, but all the biological features have been removed.

The Cruentus

Yeah that is what I mean, it lacked the giger touch, I wonder if the differences were intentional, I mean one thing you can say about Prometheus is that it caused more questions to be asked than any answers given (if there were any)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 07, 2015, 02:18:55 PM
Yeah that is what I mean, it lacked the giger touch, I wonder if the differences were intentional, I mean one thing you can say about Prometheus is that it caused more questions to be asked than any answers given (if there were any)

There was an interview with someone involved who mentioned it was a deliberate choice of Ridley Scott's to remove the 'bio' element from biomechanical. I don't quite remember who.

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 07, 2015, 02:32:52 PM

There was an interview with someone involved who mentioned it was a deliberate choice of Ridley Scott's to remove the 'bio' element from biomechanical. I don't quite remember who.

Yes, and a lot of artists on the production team had to fight for or sneak in Giger-esque details.

There's a story behind why this all happened but it's probably irresponsible to talk about it.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Here's a little convoluted notion of mine which I prefer to believe, until Prometheus 2 possibly contradicts it. ;D

- The ghostly images of the Prometheus 'Engineers' that are seen desperately running through the complex due to some 'incident' or other...are showing 'Engineers' who tried to get away from a large (unseen) vaguely-humanoid creature which was created by either a 'goo'-related accident or a 'goo'-related weapons experiment...

...this 'incident' revealed by the 'holo' recording was something that occurred a very, very long time in the past...and it's THAT large creature which then ended up stealing/'piloting' one of the various 'Juggernaut' ships available at the time...

...inside that particular ship were stored many egg-shaped 'bio-weapons' which were originally laid by another type of creature that those long-dead 'Engineers' had some kind of dealings with at the time...and the large creature was attacked and impregnated by a face-hugger from one of those eggs it disturbed when it initially entered the ship...

...however, the creature survived long enough to successfully fly the ship away from LV-223 (where Prometheus is set), but ended up crash-landing on LV-426 (where Alien is set)...due to the chestbuster stage eventually doing it's work...

...and as it crashed, an automatic 'warning system' automatically kicked in from the ship at that point, to indicate that this was effectively now an 'off-limits' area due to the dangerous cargo that had been stored aboard it...

(On the other hand...if you happen to like the whole 'Engineer' as 'spacejockey' (from Alien) scenario regardless, then instead of a separate, unseen creature, I suppose you could choose to imagine that it was actually one of those long-dead, scared 'Engineers' in the 'holo' recordings who managed to get to a 'Juggernaut' at the time...but then crashed it on LV-426 thanks to being face-hugged)

On the other hand...maybe the 'Engineers' have actually styled their 'snorkel'-like helmets (as well as the one seen on the 'Juggernaut' chair in Prometheus) on something they 'revere'...something that's bigger than them in the scheme of things?...

...something which we saw the long-dead remains of, inside a much older version of the 'Juggernaut' seen in Alien?... 

Now, I really must get on with my day. :P

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 07, 2015, 02:40:27 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 07, 2015, 02:32:52 PM

Yes, and a lot of artists on the production team had to fight for or sneak in Giger-esque details.

There's a story behind why this all happened but it's probably irresponsible to talk about it.

What story is that?

And I'm loving your ideas "Bring Back Jonesy."

BringbackJonesy!

@ Son Of Kane - I've only made a very small handful of posts since I registered here...but if you click on my name and then click on 'Show Posts', you'll see a few more thoughts I previously had on the general direction that that Aliens 3, Alien Res, and Prometheus took.  ;)

CainsSon

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Mar 07, 2015, 08:37:02 PM
@ Son Of Kane - I've only made a very small handful of posts since I registered here...but if you click on my name and then click on 'Show Posts', you'll see a few more thoughts I previously had on the general direction that that Aliens 3, Alien Res, and Prometheus took.  ;)

This reminds me of something I was contemplating:
Fifield and Milburn find a pile of Engineer's bodies stacked high that look like they've exploded from the inside, yes?

But if the goo only creates a facehugger-type creature through infected male to female intercourse, then how did all these Engineers become impregnated.

Until otherwise explained, I have a great sexual-gigeresque PROMETHEUS prequel in my head that is basically the Engineers visiting Earth and abducting our women and taking them to LV223 to mate with them, and this is how the events that ruined the engineers on LV223 took place. It also explains the cave-paintings - like the Engineers are beloved on Earth and they select lucky human women and take them aways from their families to 'Paradise' -which is what LV223 looks like 2000 years prior due to the use of their strong terraforming pyramids. The human women are worshipped and these huge rituals take place beore the Engineers take them as a 'wife' or 'bride' and bring them back to LV223 to run horrible xenomorph making mating experiments on them.

Actually with aa little work, this could be the plot of Prometheus 2.

SpeedyMaxx

My little thumbnail idea for P2 had a subplot which involved Shaw falling for some sort of human-Engineer hybrid dude on or near their homeworld - maybe one of a group of humans which the last of the old race had cross-bred from in the intervening centuries - and David sabotaging it and sending things to hell again. Oh, what silly soap opera.

The Cruentus

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 08, 2015, 05:51:19 AM
Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Mar 07, 2015, 08:37:02 PM

This reminds me of something I was contemplating:
Fifield and Milburn find a pile of Engineer's bodies stacked high that look like they've exploded from the inside, yes?

But if the goo only creates a facehugger-type creature through infected male to female intercourse, then how did all these Engineers become impregnated.

Until otherwise explained, I have a great sexual-gigeresque PROMETHEUS prequel in my head that is basically the Engineers visiting Earth and abducting our women and taking them to LV223 to mate with them, and this is how the events that ruined the engineers on LV223 took place. It also explains the cave-paintings - like the Engineers are beloved on Earth and they select lucky human women and take them aways from their families to 'Paradise' -which is what LV223 looks like 2000 years prior due to the use of their strong terraforming pyramids. The human women are worshipped and these huge rituals take place beore the Engineers take them as a 'wife' or 'bride' and bring them back to LV223 to run horrible xenomorph making mating experiments on them.

Actually with aa little work, this could be the plot of Prometheus 2.

Maybe because weren't all impregnated.
The creatures are capable of killing as well and the mutations by the accelerant seem to be random, if a Trilobite was created, it would need only to infect one Engineer to create a creature that could kill the others.

Son Of Kane

Or if you check they have holes all over their bodies- it's likely the same thing that happened to the exploding Engineer head.

Marcio_indie_filmmaker

Marcio_indie_filmmaker

Everyone already has all kinds of theories covered.  I just would like to add one extra bit.

If you're ignoring Alien 3 and 4 (which I definitely aprove), just ignore them, without any dumb explanation. Just never mention them, simple and cold as that.

The nightmare in stasis theory is "close" to being good. Actually, it's one of the most viable ones.

But the indie filmmaker I have inside me tells it's another Ripley-clone dumb level piece of plot.

It's a cheap story telling mechanism.  It's actually really, really cheesy and cheap.

So my vote goes to simply ignoring them.

If you REALLY want to give some sort of oficial explanation, ok, on the Bluray extras, you can add a short scene where Ripley is in stasis, having all kinds of bad dreams.

It must be no more than an extra on the bluray.

But for the main story, never adress that.  That dream thing is super cheap, cheesy storytelling.

The Cruentus

Been awhile since I have seen Prometheus, but Deacons don't make holes, the rip a chest apart from top to bottom to get out. So holes would have been done by something else, perhaps something as you say, caused that head to explode.
Mortal after all  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed