A Neill Blomkamp Alien could be a recipe for disappointment - Great article!

Started by CainsSon, Mar 05, 2015, 06:40:19 AM

Author
A Neill Blomkamp Alien could be a recipe for disappointment - Great article! (Read 5,515 times)

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Ash 937 on Mar 06, 2015, 10:38:07 PM
James Cameron made Pirahna Part 2 and later The Terminator  before he made Aliens.  One of those films was pretty forgettable.  Blomkamp's record to date seems to be similar to Cameron's right around the same time gave him an Alien sequel to write/direct.

Fixed, also: Cameron didn't have as much involvement with Pirahna Part 2 (and he and other heads fought constantly)as he did later on when he wrote and directed The Terminator. Not really indicative of his success, to be frank, nor a really accurate model for comparison.

The Cruentus

One bad film doesn't mean bad director, nothing is simple with film productions and a lot of great directors have got one bad spot on their record, Tim burton for example, Dark Shadows wasn't exactly the best film. I like the film for what it is but the flaws are evident.

Son Of Kane

With the amount of films he has under his belt too.

You just never know with art really.

The Cruentus

or the studios.

I hope Neill's vision for a new Alien film is grounded in reality, Resurrection was over the top and contrasts with the previous gritty films, if Neill truly intends to make a sequel to Aliens, he needs to keep the gritty tone correct, even Cameron made sure to follow Ridley style to an extent while also leaving his own signature.

Son Of Kane

Yup, it's essential.

Nightmare Asylum

As he has gone on record saying that his film is going to "share DNA" with both Scott and Cameron's films, I'm definitely expecting it to tonally mesh with the two.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: evolution_rex on Mar 06, 2015, 12:16:38 AM
Based on writer's view on ghosbusters fans and their opinion on the new reboot alone, I can't take what the article says seriously.

Same. There are good reasons to dislike where the 'Ghostbusters' series is heading, which have absolutely nothing to do with one of the two new films being a primarily female cast (although, why they didn't opt for some actresses renowned for better comedy timing, is beyond me). Mainly the leaked E-mails about them from Sony.

I'd also take exception to what's said about the 'Star Wars' films, as someone whose favourite happens to be 'Return Of The Jedi', so...

With this project, it's a whole different kettle of fish. It should be neither praised or criticised until something much more concrete is known about it.

So far, all we have is a small amount of concept art and some loose quotes. The former happens to show Hicks being a part of the story (although, we have yet to know in what capacity), while the latter has twice referenced a need to go back to 'Giger Freudian terror' (which is damned good to hear being mentioned).

In fact, all we know for sure is that the writer/director is deliberately trying to aim for the atmosphere of 'Alien Isolation'.

CainsSon

Ermmm.... A few people disagreeing with what the article says are DOING exactly what the article is saying they are doing, and citing that as a disagreement?

The point is: There is no way to satisfy these fans. You can't disagree with by saying, "No that's wrong; because here's why I'm disatisfied."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed