Retcon Prometheus too

Started by bioweapon, Mar 03, 2015, 07:52:01 PM

Author
Retcon Prometheus too (Read 17,777 times)

bioweapon

bioweapon

Everytime I see Alien, Im always fascinated by the Kane scene in wich he descends and we see a large corridor. I read somewhere (maybe here), that this corridor could unleash not only the eggs-alien but a large amount of similar horror and nightmares.

For me and maybe for others here, Prometheus didnĀ“t go so well, starting with the exoskeleton vs suit theme, the space jockey going blue human, and more.

At last for me the movie grow with the time but it always gonna have the plot holes, incongruent characters/reactions, editing, dialogue, etc.

So what if Blomkamp just retcon Prometheus too and go with another kind of Space Jockey concept and universo, more adjusted to the original?

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Sure, but I doubt it.

CainsSon

CainsSon

With Scott producing, this isn't going to happen. If anything, you can expect a tie-in not a retcon. Even Blomkamp mentioned his development of this project being a positive 'trip through the world Ridley Scott created...' and it would do fans well to remember that it was Ridley Scott's films that created it.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

No, no more retcons.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

If there is a need to create a more Alien SJ, just establish Engineers and SJ's as separate things.

Adam802

Adam802

Yes, retcon Prometheus.  Please

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 03, 2015, 08:41:36 PM

No.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Why not? The retcon gates are already blown wide open.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 03, 2015, 09:07:26 PM

It won't get retconned unless it's got a below 50% on RT seems to be the general rule of thumb, plus with Ridley still having stake in the franchise it'll never happen.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 03, 2015, 09:07:26 PM

Because Prometheus is actually a brilliant film.  One of the best in the series.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It's possible, due to the concept art of the Alien-like suit and breathing mask being labelled as a Space Jockey suit, which would be clearly very different in appearance to the ones from 'Prometheus'.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 03, 2015, 09:56:02 PM
It's possible, due to the concept art of the Alien-like suit and breathing mask being labelled as a Space Jockey suit, which would be clearly very different in appearance to the ones from 'Prometheus'.

That is very true.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Heck maybe the Engineers wear the Elephant suits to match up with the Space Jockeys' ships?  It's really reaching.  The space jockeys are much less compelling than engineers.

Adam802

Adam802

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 03, 2015, 08:43:11 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 03, 2015, 08:41:36 PM

No.

But the flute......the FLUTE DAMMIT!!!!

I just cant accept Prom's explanation of the Space Jockey.  That, and the "tentacle monster" designs.  Its like it went against everything the original ALIEN stood for.  To me, it seems like Prom never WANTED to be an "Alien movie", so why should I consider it as such?

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

The flute is brilliant IMO.

That's one of the last things I would complain about- for me personally Prometheus was perfect everywhere but the writing department.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed