after Requiem why would anyone want another AVP?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 01, 2015, 02:50:50 AM

Author
after Requiem why would anyone want another AVP? (Read 27,496 times)

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 20, 2017, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 20, 2017, 03:46:25 AM

That's probably a good thing. Sadly, it would just prove what he's been saying all along.

Im sure he would hate it but it wouldve been nice to see it first instead of just towing the party line on its hate
Agreed. That and he would see the similarities in Prometheus to AVP as well.

echobbase79

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jan 22, 2017, 03:12:12 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 20, 2017, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 20, 2017, 03:46:25 AM

That's probably a good thing. Sadly, it would just prove what he's been saying all along.

Im sure he would hate it but it wouldve been nice to see it first instead of just towing the party line on its hate
Agreed. That and he would see the similarities in Prometheus to AVP as well.

I think he hated the idea way back when Peter Briggs wrote his script. All of the Alien producers did. David Giler was very vocal about it.

I'd like him to watch AvP and realize he actually ripped off it's first act.

Corporal Hicks

I think a lot of the producer arguing was down to money though. Who got what percentage.

echobbase79

Yeah, there was also that, but it was also ego about keeping the Alien universe separate from another franchise. They couldn't see how it could be done seriously. 

VanXant

i would love another , decent, AvP. the first Dark Horse comic was great, it would make an excellent film, and it could allbe doable now w/ CGI.
Have a great idea for a film myself, all i need is to know who to pitch it to :-D

genocyber

You know, the first AVP movie was good on paper. It just had really shitty unmemorable characters. The action was solid despite it lacking gore, had great practical effects for suits and miniature models, and was just shy of being a big summer action movie. Requiem I feel if handled by Anderson would had been a lot better. Their wouldn't have been any of this darkness problem, and I think he would have looked for better actors after the reaction of the first movie. I think more moments from the comics would be implemented into the script, as per the first one did. Would it have been a good movie? Maybe not, but it would have been better than what was given.

echobbase79

I've always wanted to know what Anderson had in store for AvP: Annihilation? I'm sure he had a story in mind when he wrote the first one. 

Infected

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 06, 2017, 10:54:04 PM

I've always wanted to know what Anderson had in store for AvP: Annihilation? I'm sure he had a story in mind when he wrote the first one.
Flying f*ckin predators if im correct.

echobbase79

Predators with rocket packs? Geez, good thing it was never made.

genocyber

You scoff at rocket packs, but them all having mini nukes is acceptable.

echobbase79

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 07, 2017, 08:17:47 PM

What's your argument here? Yes, mini nukes are more acceptable to me because it's not as cliched as a flying Predator.

SM

I don't see a problem with jet packs.  Although orbit to surface hang gliders would be quieter.

echobbase79

Quote from: SM on Mar 07, 2017, 08:51:12 PM
I don't see a problem with jet packs.  Although orbit to surface hang gliders would be quieter.

I could get behind something like that.

JokersWarPig

Predators with jet/jump packs I honestly have no problem with. I'd imagine if a predator hunted on Pandora from Avatar they'd need something like that.

genocyber

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 07, 2017, 08:45:35 PM

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 07, 2017, 08:17:47 PM

What's your argument here? Yes, mini nukes are more acceptable to me because it's not as cliched as a flying Predator.
The fact that if you got a bunch together they could potentially destroy the surface of the planet and kill off all life. But rocket packs, nah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed