after Requiem why would anyone want another AVP?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 01, 2015, 02:50:50 AM

Author
after Requiem why would anyone want another AVP? (Read 27,449 times)

LastSurvivor92

Just curious

Son Of Kane

A sequel? No. A reboot that ignores the first two? Maybe.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 01, 2015, 02:53:14 AM
A sequel? No. A reboot that ignores the first two? Maybe.

Assuming that Alien V establishes that there is an alternative timeline, and potentially could be more.. I'd be down with a reboot.

OpenMaw

If it's a reboot, an "alternate timeline" isn't needed. It's a reboot.

The whole idea of a reboot is that it's cutting ties with the past. BSG and nuBSG are two completely different animals.

As far as making another AVP? Sure, why not. They screwed up with the first two, but hopefully now that new people are running the show things could work out for the better this time. The concept is still sound, and there is still the possibility of a great film out of the process. I'd say wait and see how the new Predator and Alien films work out though.

MrSpaceJockey

Because it hasn't been done right. And it can be.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 01, 2015, 04:03:57 AM
The whole idea of a reboot is that it's cutting ties with the past. BSG and nuBSG are two completely different animals.

If there is going to be an AvP reboot, then I wouldn't want it connecting with the Alien or Predator stand-alone films. If they want to do a whole shared universe thing, then starting from the ground up with AvP as a whole would be idea in my opinion.

Kel G 426

Quoteafter Requiem why would anyone want another AVP?

Ever ordered a steak and found that it wasn't cooked to your liking?  Dry, tough, burnt maybe?  Did it put you off steak forever, or did you send it back and order another one done right?

Randomizer

Because it could be incredibly well-made if someone actually cared about putting some effort into a movie .

Corporal Hicks

I think my wishlist made it obvious I'm personally all for another. AvP is one of the few crossovers I think genuinely works and I want to see it done right on the big screen.

Born Of Cold Light

Maybe some time in the future but for now, I think both series need to stay apart and develop separately.  This is especially true of Predator since it's been nearly thirty years since the first one and we don't really have a cohesive story arc yet.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 01, 2015, 03:32:19 PM
and we don't really have a cohesive story arc yet.

One isn't needed, either.  :)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Kelgaard on Mar 01, 2015, 08:17:20 AM
Ever ordered a steak and found that it wasn't cooked to your liking?  Dry, tough, burnt maybe?  Did it put you off steak forever, or did you send it back and order another one done right?

Funny story, I actually went to a  Houlihan's back in Jersey for Mother's Day 2014, and I ordered a hamburger. Waited about an hour since the place was busy but my order came through.. Dry, tough and burnt. Exactly how my old man makes his burgers. Didn't like it, requested another. Second burger comes around... Bite into it, it's moist and has an unusual taste, pink inside. It's undercooked. Ordered another, wait... another twenty minutes I'm recalling. Bite into it, it's perfect.

The Cruentus

Definitely a reboot is needed, there should never be a sequel to Requiem or even the first film. I want an AVP film as much the next fan but it must have no connection or continuity to the previous AVP films, and its absolutely got to be a film that doesn't kill brain cells  :laugh:

Son Of Kane

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 02, 2015, 07:57:42 PM
Definitely a reboot is needed, there should never be a sequel to Requiem or even the first film. I want an AVP film as much the next fan but it must have no connection or continuity to the previous AVP films, and its absolutely got to be a film that doesn't kill brain cells  :laugh:

This-

richardatwood76

My thoughts are either:

1: Predators sequel where they also bring Facehuggers to the planet
or
2: A prequel set before as in the "told story of ancient people" from AVP

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed