Michael Biehn *could* be in Alien 5

Started by Vrastal, Mar 01, 2015, 01:16:31 AM

Author
Michael Biehn *could* be in Alien 5 (Read 44,210 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 03, 2015, 12:19:15 AMTo be honest, Biehn only shone in Cameron's films. I would LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG, THOUGH!

He wasn't half bad in The Rock. He got wiped out after like fifteen minutes, but he did have a couple of good shouty dialogue scenes prior to that. He was also really good in Planet Terror. He put just the right amount of self-awareness into it.

But otherwise I'd agree I haven't really seen him do anything amazing outside of Jim Cameron movies.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 03, 2015, 12:19:15 AM
I don't think Biehn has anything left in him, personally, Bill Paxton (whether you liked Hudson as a role or not) has shown a lot more skill throughout his career. To be honest, Biehn only shone in Cameron's films. I would LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG, THOUGH!

Watch "The Seventh Sign" where he stars with Jurgen Prochnow and Demi Moore.

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 02, 2015, 01:47:12 PM
Not really. Hicks in those scripts came across as pretty bland and generic.

In some parts, but I felt there were a few good scenes. Also, it's almost tradition amongst the Alien movies that characters only really come to life once in the hands of the actors. Alien in particular was fairly utilitarian with the dialogue and characterisation.

One more The Divide reference for Biehn in Alien V:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HrwJZak1KA

"...Because their acid blood will melt your face off!"

Quote from: Russ on Mar 03, 2015, 10:05:04 AM
Watch "The Seventh Sign" where he stars with Jurgen Prochnow and Demi Moore.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 03, 2015, 08:48:25 AM
He wasn't half bad in The Rock. He got wiped out after like fifteen minutes, but he did have a couple of good shouty dialogue scenes prior to that. He was also really good in Planet Terror. He put just the right amount of self-awareness into it.

But otherwise I'd agree I haven't really seen him do anything amazing outside of Jim Cameron movies.

What about Ringo in Tombstone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGNdnlCbfMs#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE#ws

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 03, 2015, 10:35:05 AMWhat about Ringo in Tombstone?

I'd completely forgotten about that one! :laugh:

"He was quoting the Bible, Revelations. 'Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was Death... and Hell followed with him'."

xeno-kaname

I think he'll be back but I also think there's a chance he'll die again. But this time he'll go down fighting or in some sort of sacrifice.

I mean I can already hear a hamfisted line that goes a little like "I'll go down fighting. You knew that was how it was going to be. How it should be." :laugh:

That be a bit lame though but I wouldn't mind it too much. Doubt it will happen since that's pretty much a slap to the Alien 3 fans xD

SizzyBubbles

Oh man. The poor guy is gonna be hounded at this year's Monsterpalooza...

Gash

Gash

Alien3 got a number of things right, and a number of things wrong. Killing off Hicks and the kid was one of the good decisions.

Killing off Clemens before the final confrontation was a wrong decision. Would have made Ripley's sacrifice even more effective if she'd just lost him to the WY gunmen.

Hicks and Newt, honestly couldn't give a toss, not keen on seeing either of them revived for the sake of Blomkamp's preferred trilogy. It's going to be a major stumbling block to enjoying whatever else he might have in store.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Mar 04, 2015, 09:16:40 PM

I know I'm gonna ask him (if I don't freeze up) when I see him in August.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SiL on Mar 02, 2015, 06:54:31 AM
No he doesn't. He just says "Yeah, sure" to whatever Ripley suggests. He might as well have died when he got sprayed by acid. He does nothing else the rest of the movie.

But it is Hix!1!!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 05, 2015, 08:49:27 AM

Having met Biehn, I can say that he's a pretty laid back and normal guy. So just approach him like you would any other dude!

OpenMaw

Walk up to him and say

"Yo Hicks, think we got something here..."

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Mar 04, 2015, 09:16:40 PM

Ok, that is the most awesome thing ever!  Good luck.

Close Encounters

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 02, 2015, 01:47:12 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 02, 2015, 01:42:55 PMThe Hicks dominated Alien 3, the second draft anyway, did carry the character forward. Not a lot, but there was something there, and it ended with the possibility of more in the future.

Not really. Hicks in those scripts came across as pretty bland and generic.

Agreed, although I liked the Cold War motif they carried. My favorite line of his was when he sent a comatose Ripley off the space station and someone asks him why he's taking the risk of letting her off the station when there's a risk of the infection spreading, and he says "I owe her that much." It was one of the few lines that gave Hicks some character in that script.

I do agree that the script as a whole was very bland. Still way better than what Alien 3 ended up being, though. I think the studio would have been better off refining that script than going with the 'monks in space' stuff they ended up pursuing. The idea of multiple factions on Earth wanting to get a hold of the xenos rather than just some evil corporate entity is actually rather appealing to me. Might have dated the movie too much if it came out when it did, what with the Berlin Wall coming down only a few years after the script was written.

MCP

MCP

Quote from: Gash on Mar 05, 2015, 06:10:50 AM

Killing off Clemens before the final confrontation was a wrong decision. Would have made Ripley's sacrifice even more effective if she'd just lost him to the WY gunmen.

Clemens' story had finished at that point.  Killing him off was the best idea.  That allowed Dillon to be brought forward and carry the rest of the movie alongside Ripley. 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 05, 2015, 09:08:42 PM

Having met Biehn, I can say that he's a pretty laid back and normal guy. So just approach him like you would any other dude!

I've already met him before too - but I'm terrible at getting tongue tied at conventions and my last impressions of him weren't terribly great to be honest. I just want a new photo (last one was awful) and a signature on my AvPGalaxy poster project that I started 3 conventions ago. I'm probably going to see Charles Dance again (3rd time) to get him included too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed