Michael Biehn *could* be in Alien 5

Started by Vrastal, Mar 01, 2015, 01:16:31 AM

Author
Michael Biehn *could* be in Alien 5 (Read 44,772 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Gridseeker on Mar 02, 2015, 02:03:03 AM
Hell yeah! If God exixts there would be some justice for Michael and his character in Aliens.

He does exist, and I'm sure he has more important things on his plate, but Michael Biehn was my favorite actor for many years and I wish for him this second chance.

T Dog

T Dog

Kind of come around to the idea of Michael Biehn being in this.

The only thing I'd ask is that they keep it as contrivance free as possible - no dreams, no broken hibernation pods - just set it 25 years after the events of Aliens. They made it home safely and tried to continue on with their lives as best they could. You could fill in the gaps of what happened in that time through dialogue but it would also be a good way to have the characters change with all that time having passed.

The alternative way is to simply use Ripley 8 and have no Hicks.

Part me wants to see an alternative Alien 3 with Hicks in it but the other part of me, the part that actually likes the extended cut of Alien 3 would like to see it being maintained and then have Blomkamp make something good out of the set up of the Ripley clone in Resurection.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 02, 2015, 02:12:52 AM
Hell yeah! If God exixts there would be some justice for Michael and his character in Aliens.

He does exist, and I'm sure he has more important things on his plate, but Michael Biehn was my favorite actor for many years and I wish for him this second chance.

Please, no politics- especially stuff that makes certain people very angry.

Vers

Vers

Let's hope we get confirmation soon.

SpeedyMaxx

I mean, I'm happy for him but what a debacle.

windebieste

Fox approaches Biehn because he will help sell the movie and Fox stands to make bank just on his name in the credits alone.

There's just one problem with this, when you look at his involvement in this series he hasn't exactly been treated well.  Biehn was paid bugger all for 'ALIENS', a movie that Fox constantly makes money from DVD, BluRay and merchandise sales.  He was paid more for his image to be included in 'ALIEN 3', a film he has openly condemned and has no love for.  He also has no love for how he was treated during his contribution to GBX's 'A:CM'.  Does he show any love for this series at all?  Does he have any reason to..? Not by the looks of it.

Remember, he didn't audition for the role of Hicks in this upcoming movie.  He (most likely) has been approached by Fox directly which means they want him.   Taking into consideration that Biehn has had a rough time with this series and Fox want him to play Hicks it makes sense to me that Biehn will hold out his hand for as much as he can possibly get out of Fox.  He certainly isn't going be playing sweet angel and do it for free.  ...or cheap.    Hell, he won't even accept standard actor's rates for this role this time around.  That's for sure.  It's beyond that kind of negotiation negotiation now.

Biehn holds the cards now and he'll take as much money as he can get from Fox.  You want your retribution?  Then just hope that Biehn takes the bastards for as big a ride as possible.  8 figure fee.  Minimum.  Under the conditions Biehn is in, I would certainly exploit Fox as much as possible.

After all, is Hicks going to be in this movie or not?  What do you think Biehn will want for it..?  We're not talking pizza and beer money here. 

Cash grab..? sure.  I'm all for it, Biehn.  In this instance there's nothing wrong with it.  Screw those corporate dogs at Fox for all they're worth for the way he's been treated.  Any unreasonable sum of money is appropriate.  LOL.  Nothing else is going to satisfy him now. 

Not after he's had 30 years of bullshit from Fox. 

-Windebieste.

MCP

MCP

I never understood the reverence people have for Michael Biehn.  In Aliens, he really doesn't do much.  After he gets injured by acid, he's out for the count for the rest of the movie.

Dillon from Alien 3 is more of a badass and interesting character to me.

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: MCP on Mar 02, 2015, 04:44:38 AM
I never understood the reverence people have for Michael Biehn.  In Aliens, he really doesn't do much.  After he gets injured by acid, he's out for the count for the rest of the movie.

People are butthurt that he died in Alien 3 and that's pretty much the only reason they want him back. AT least from what I can tell.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: MCP on Mar 02, 2015, 04:44:38 AM

Though I'm agree with you that Dillon was a great and bad ass character I have to disagree with Hicks being as you made him out to be. His character essentially takes command once Ripley and others remind him that he is next in command once Apone is KIA and Gormon is incapacitated.

SiL

SiL

No he doesn't. He just says "Yeah, sure" to whatever Ripley suggests. He might as well have died when he got sprayed by acid. He does nothing else the rest of the movie.

whiterabbit

He was defacto Ripley's main squeeze. Plus I think most of us wanted them to live happily ever after. Of course this is the alien universe and happiness is strictly forbidden, apparently.

NetworkATTH

I honestly think you're being a bit harsh on the poor guy. Afterall, I think you're missing the point, that Alien, isn't about the characters. That may sound angering, but its true. Alien, is a postmodern look at an old modernist horror story. The, It! Terror From Beyond Space!

If you want to talk about characters, the characters in Alien weren't all that interesting. But it was the environment that made them interesting! The same goes with Hicks. Even Ripley, is not that interesting of a character, it is, the art itself that is interesting. The whole piece. Ripley wouldn't be anything if Weaver gave the same performance in a dark star budgeted film with aluminum hallways that was hardly different than The Thing From Another World and all its countless knock offs.

Hicks' character is, The Gun, that is the point. He is, The Cool Gun, and it works perfectly in Aliens because, again, Alien is a wholly postmodern series. Vasquez is Cool Girl Gun, Bishop is The Scientist , Hudson is Coward Gun, the other marines are Fodder Guns, Ripley is Scorned Mom, Newt is Innocent Child, and all the background characters are Background Foliage (The Colonists being, Ouch Foliage)

The same could be said of the characters of Alien. Ripley is Tough Girl, Ash is The Scientist , Dallas is Average Man, Kane is Friendly Man, Lambert is Cynic Girl, Parker is Bitter Mechanic, Brett is Worn Mechanic. All of them have associated implications about their archatypes in the more indepth world of Alien, but without that world, they would hardly have depth.

Also what you need to take into account is what James Cameron set out to achieve with Aliens. Just like Alien was a postmodern take on The Thing From Outer Space! and It! Terror From Beyond Space!, Aliens set out to achieve with the technical science fiction, and action science fiction, and military science fiction, and shoot em up genre. So, you cannot expect a postmodern take from the 80's, on that, to have exceptionally deep marines. But from the trope of what Hicks is, Hicks is interesting in what they leave out. He is a blank slate character aside from the trope-y pulpy delivery, which imply enough to build from there. But you shouldn't build too hard, you just need achieve what Ripley was made into from Alien to Aliens, which fit into the demands set by Alien for a successful pomo sequel.

Am I saying Alien is doomed to be formulaic? Yes and no. It should be formulaic, because its a string off a very formulaic genre. The characterss are just always, part of the entire postmodern take, but they're terrific in what they do. Characters in Alien need to be relatable archetypes, or else it fails what it sets out to achieve. Hicks is perfectly fine, and honestly I'm interested what they do with him.

Tusky

Tusky

Yeah was disappointed when Hicks and Newt died in A3.
But that doesn't take away the fact that I enjoyed it and A:RES.
But I still had the "what if..." like alot of ALIEN fans.

The first two Dark horse comic series answered that nicely. ..but A3 changed that.
When I heard Hicks was back in ACM I was excited and waited for the game.
Unlike alot of people I loved the game (still play it nearly everyday if I can)

Michael Biehn has had a rough road in the ALIEN saga.
Do I hope his passion had not been completely extinguished.

I hope ACM is still canon.

MCP

MCP

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 02, 2015, 07:36:26 AM
He was defacto Ripley's main squeeze. Plus I think most of us wanted them to live happily ever after. Of course this is the alien universe and happiness is strictly forbidden, apparently.

Ripley and Clemens had more of a connection if you want to talk about romantic subplots.  But no one really cared when he died.  I also thought Clemens was more of an interesting character, and the way they both learned to trust one another despite lying about their pasts was better done than the interaction between Ripley/Hicks.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MCP on Mar 02, 2015, 10:27:16 AMI also thought Clemens was more of an interesting character, and the way they both learned to trust one another despite lying about their pasts was better done than the interaction between Ripley/Hicks.

I'd actually go along with that. Clemens was far more intriguing than Hicks (and Dance probably gave the better acting performance). Sadly he was killed off way too soon. I mean, yeah, that was the point of the film and all, but still, he was dead before the halfway stage and was missed afterwards.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed