How to appreciate Alien Resurrection

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 28, 2015, 06:38:06 PM

Author
How to appreciate Alien Resurrection (Read 12,646 times)

Perfect-Organism

I played it from beginning to end.  It was good for its day but I preferred Alien Trilogy back then...

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 31, 2015, 12:08:14 AM
One of the few Alien games I've never played. Nice avatar btw.

Thanks, and you should if you can.  It's a pretty creepy experience that does a good job of melding horror with action.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 31, 2015, 12:28:30 AM
I played it from beginning to end.  It was good for its day but I preferred Alien Trilogy back then...

Alien Trilogy is definitely better.  The section where you go into the Derelict was masterful.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 31, 2015, 12:33:45 AM

Thanks, and you should if you can.  It's a pretty creepy experience that does a good job of melding horror with action.

Alien Trilogy is definitely better.  The section where you go into the Derelict was masterful.

I never played AR coz I was determined to beat Alien Trilogy without cheats, and by the time I finally did AR was nowhere to be found.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 31, 2015, 12:43:51 AM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 31, 2015, 12:33:45 AM

I never played AR coz I was determined to beat Alien Trilogy without cheats, and by the time I finally did AR was nowhere to be found.

http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Resurrection-Playstation/dp/B00002STI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427762867&sr=8-1&keywords=alien+resurrection+ps1

[cancerblack]

Nice.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Me either. But I heard nothing but praise for it.

They certainly had some interesting ideas for Resurrection. I just don't think JPJ was right for the job.

[cancerblack]

The reviews I saw at the time it came out were that the atmosphere and tension were perfect, but the controls and action were fairly clunky and the level design was often annoying as far as "go to one end of the map, push a button, go three levels up, push another button, race back to the first button fast enough for the door to still be open" kinda stuff.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 31, 2015, 08:06:36 AM
The reviews I saw at the time it came out were that the atmosphere and tension were perfect, but the controls and action were fairly clunky and the level design was often annoying as far as "go to one end of the map, push a button, go three levels up, push another button, race back to the first button fast enough for the door to still be open" kinda stuff.

They're right, but the clunkiness is nothing one can't get around and the level designs are diverse and challenging enough to keep you interested.  The enemies themselves can be repetitive but that is done to keep to the style of the movie.  A really cool feature is the ability to kill an embryo inside of your body.  All in all, the pros outweigh the cons for an Alien fan.

Just as an aside, I'm currently writing an outline for a seven season television show that would take place after Alien Resurrection and expand on the themes of the third and fourth films.

[cancerblack]

Tell me more.

Born Of Cold Light

Well I don't want to give away too many details at this point, but it's going to feature for the core characters the survivors from Resurrection and two more crew members.  Several plot points are going to deal with the Auton Revolt (robots designed by robots), new variations of Alien and twists on the Alien lifecyle (don't worry, nothing akin to barfing Predaliens), the political situation of the 24th century, and new Alien/human hybrids.

[cancerblack]

Sounds good, I hope you make a thread here when you've got things to a state worth sharing.

Born Of Cold Light

I plan to as soon as I have at least the first season mapped out.

Corporal Hicks

What will you do with it? A virtual series or anything?

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2015, 11:27:49 AM
What will you do with it? A virtual series or anything?

Not sure.  Ideally I'd want to make it a full-fledged TV series, but the chance of that is obviously low right now.  I do have other, original stories in the making so if I can make a name with those, who knows?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If you look close enough, the Hive in Resurrection has bones encased within it. You can make out a few humeruses, I think, and definitely a ribcage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed