The Trigger - Probably the last DLC for A:I

Started by vikingr, Feb 27, 2015, 05:28:54 PM

Author
The Trigger - Probably the last DLC for A:I (Read 13,514 times)

vikingr

It'll be released on 3rd March and you can pre-order it now via Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282516/

NickisSmart

That's fine. What the game needs now is a nice patch. : P

Ulfer

It's a bit sad to know it'll be the last (except if...). I think I'm not the only one who would have liked another traditional DLC, with a story.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ulfer on Mar 02, 2015, 10:56:00 AM
It's a bit sad to know it'll be the last (except if...). I think I'm not the only one who would have liked another traditional DLC, with a story.

Indeed. I love the game and I like the intention of the DLC - to be short experiences of the whole but I barely played any of the DLC myself.

I would have preferred something story driven.

robbritton

Yeah. Overall I've found the DLC to be very weak on this game. Far inferior to the central campaign.

They just seem to lack any point, which takes away from the urgency. And the time limit things are all a bit... Mario Kart, maybe? I don't want to be on a scoreboard somewhere, I just want more of those glacial scares. Alien all over the show all the time diminishes the creature, somehow.

Ah well, still a wonderful campaign, so I'm not going to cry about it too much!

NickisSmart

I love the DLC more than the campaign because it focuses on the gameplay which is awesome. The campaign was great, but I'll look at it as the story-driven part of the game and the DLC as the gameplay-driven part of the game. Love Safe Haven and Lost Contact, so I expect I'll like this, too.

NetworkATTH

What I want out of the DLC, if they add more, is just to expand explorable locations that don't affect the plot in the campaign. The first couple playthroughs, Isolation seems like a huge environment..but it really is not.  Adding just, I don't know, more rooms and hallways, from the endless supply of closed doors and shut elevators, would be nice. I don't think that would be all too difficult to imagine, but I haven't worked on the game and its engine so I can't say for certain how difficult modifying the existing map would be. Love Sevastopol, absolutely would love to explore more of it.

vikingr

I'm not such a fan of those survivor thingys. I would've liked playing as Axel, Ransome, Dr. Lingard etc. but with story content like in Crew Expandable and Last Survivor.

Some nice logs to find, a few cutscenes and it would be awesome. Maybe about 1h gameplay for 10 bucks per DLC and you're good to go.

The Cruentus

I would have preferred a proper prequel story rather than survivor modes as well.

NetworkATTH

I can enjoy the DLC because I like the lack of context, aside from a brief background, that leaves it up to imagination. I'm not such a fan of real strict "this is what happened", I suppose from my days of old rpgs I've grown to love using my imagination more, something you don't get a lot of. Sure this wasn't there point with it, but for me anyways, the dlc is enjoyable. I just want more of Sevastapol opened up, I would be pretty bummed if they didn't add new sections of campaign area that didn't affect the plot, there are so many closed off and half opened doors, that I would love, to be not closed off and half opened doors.

The Cruentus

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 02, 2015, 05:48:57 PM
I can enjoy the DLC because I like the lack of context, aside from a brief background, that leaves it up to imagination. I'm not such a fan of real strict "this is what happened", I suppose from my days of old rpgs I've grown to love using my imagination more, something you don't get a lot of. Sure this wasn't there point with it, but for me anyways, the dlc is enjoyable. I just want more of Sevastapol opened up, I would be pretty bummed if they didn't add new sections of campaign area that didn't affect the plot, there are so many closed off and half opened doors, that I would love, to be not closed off and half opened doors.

I get what you mean, the imagination is a powerful tool and I wouldn't ask for total reveal of what happened, but I would love to have seen Sevastopol before the events of Isolation, see it in all its about-to-be-decommissioned glory  :laugh:
I just like a story, even if it doesn't reveal much, survivor mode may be good but if I am paying for content, I would like to be able to re-immerse myself in the world and not simply go for the high score  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Promethean Fire

Anybody with an Xbox 360 have issues downloading The Trigger via the season pass?  The usual DLC prompter is not appearing on start up so I can't download it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I might tackle it again today, the second level has been tricky. I'm not looking at any guides yet as I wanna try and figure it out for myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed