What Alien designs would you like to see in the new film?

Started by OmegaZilla, Feb 27, 2015, 11:15:20 AM

Author
What Alien designs would you like to see in the new film? (Read 38,324 times)

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 28, 2015, 03:38:14 AM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 28, 2015, 03:31:20 AM
No.

Still sounds terrible, especially since I actually already consider the Aliens as intelligent as humans- they simply chose a different path.

If they are as intelligent as humans, they sure don't show it.  A species that hell-bent on dominating anything and everything around it would put all their energy into building technology to allow for maximum conquest.  They would be like a bloodier version of the Borg, or maybe like the Star Wars EU's Yuuzhan Vong.  They wouldn't allow themselves to be pent up in little isolated corners of the galaxy or used as live game for predators.

1. Predators don't exist for me in relation to the real Aliens of the original three.

2. They can cut the power, ambush people and even know to stow away for survival. (And perhaps have sexual desires as the original may have done.)
They are extremely intelligent, if not as intelligent as humans- they don't need technology or a great supply of food or water, they are terrifying because they are Alien and are never easily subdued.
Start giving them human traits that aren't simply biological functions and you ruin the whole concept.

Nightmare Asylum

I am very much for a translucent Alien.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 28, 2015, 12:36:46 PM
I am very much for a translucent Alien.

As am I, but it would need an explanation.

Nightmare Asylum

Could be something as simple as the fact that it's still growing between the chestburster and adult stage, or perhaps the result of some WY tampering. Could also be that it reacts differently to wherever the atmosphere is like on the planet they're on.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Or different species/subspecies. It's that simple.

Nightmare Asylum

Yup yup. Assuming the eggs come from a different source (or, hell, even if they come from the same source, as seen in the first two films).

Lots of ways to go with a creature as versatile as this.

Son Of Kane

Ehhhhhh....

I really don't like the idea of the translucent Alien popping up a lot.

stroggificated

stroggificated

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 28, 2015, 02:58:51 AM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 28, 2015, 02:32:48 AM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 28, 2015, 02:27:28 AM
Quote from: GQSioux on Feb 28, 2015, 01:52:02 AM
I've always wanted to see this guy alive on the big screen:

That's a good one, and it leads me to a concept that I've long wanted to see; sentient xenomorphs with human-like intelligence.  Think about it, a xenomorph species with a culture, society, technology and space travel could make the ultimate movie villains.

Christ no!
No, no, no, no- that's an awful idea- the whole point of the Alien creature is that it is "Alien" FFS.

If you want something in the Alien aesthetic that is a creature with culture and technology- look no further than the Space Jockeys/Engineers.

But it still would be alien.

Think about it; despite our advanced intelligence, humans are very much driven by core primate instincts and our society mimics the societies found in species like chimps and bonobos but on a much larger, more complicated scale.  It is essentially a society that clumsily balances individualism with hierarchy, empathy and understanding with competition and hyper-sexuality (found more so in bonobos) with hyper-violence (found more so in chimps).  We may be able to transcend these instincts at time, but they are core to who we are.

Aliens, on the other hand, have no concept of empathy or individualism.  These are creatures that simply kill anything that isn't their own kind and will throw themselves into a blaze of gunfire for long periods at a time, only retreating for strategic reasons.  An alien with sentience would not simply be a mean human, it would be an utterly amoral, cold and cruel being that would seem utterly evil and nihilistic to a human.  They would probably live in an absolutist military dictatorship that would make the Third Reich look like Woodstock.  They would be just as alien as a more familiar xenomorph only with the ability to now project serious military and political power.  A sentient xenomorph society would be a thousand times more terrifying than anything we've seen so far.

Does anyone remember this?

This would better match with Star Trek vs Aliens  ;D

I see Aliens trying to get dna of Wesley Crusher, so that they can clone him infinite times. Just imagine aliens chestbursted from this boy wonder.

:o
Unstoppable xeno master race

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: stroggificated on Feb 28, 2015, 02:06:59 PM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 28, 2015, 02:58:51 AM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 28, 2015, 02:32:48 AM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Feb 28, 2015, 02:27:28 AM
Quote from: GQSioux on Feb 28, 2015, 01:52:02 AM
I've always wanted to see this guy alive on the big screen:

That's a good one, and it leads me to a concept that I've long wanted to see; sentient xenomorphs with human-like intelligence.  Think about it, a xenomorph species with a culture, society, technology and space travel could make the ultimate movie villains.

Christ no!
No, no, no, no- that's an awful idea- the whole point of the Alien creature is that it is "Alien" FFS.

If you want something in the Alien aesthetic that is a creature with culture and technology- look no further than the Space Jockeys/Engineers.

But it still would be alien.

Think about it; despite our advanced intelligence, humans are very much driven by core primate instincts and our society mimics the societies found in species like chimps and bonobos but on a much larger, more complicated scale.  It is essentially a society that clumsily balances individualism with hierarchy, empathy and understanding with competition and hyper-sexuality (found more so in bonobos) with hyper-violence (found more so in chimps).  We may be able to transcend these instincts at time, but they are core to who we are.

Aliens, on the other hand, have no concept of empathy or individualism.  These are creatures that simply kill anything that isn't their own kind and will throw themselves into a blaze of gunfire for long periods at a time, only retreating for strategic reasons.  An alien with sentience would not simply be a mean human, it would be an utterly amoral, cold and cruel being that would seem utterly evil and nihilistic to a human.  They would probably live in an absolutist military dictatorship that would make the Third Reich look like Woodstock.  They would be just as alien as a more familiar xenomorph only with the ability to now project serious military and political power.  A sentient xenomorph society would be a thousand times more terrifying than anything we've seen so far.

Does anyone remember this?

This would better match with Star Trek vs Aliens  ;D

I see Aliens trying to get probes of Wesley Crusher, so that they can clone him infinite times. Just imagine aliens chestbursted from this boy wonder.

http://content6.flixster.com/question/50/89/59/5089592_std.jpg
:o
Unstoppable xeno master race

:laugh:

This also reminds me of the time when someone public a false premise of Prometheus, in which it was said that the Xenomorphs were unsuccessful clones, which were created by Engineers as an attempt to resurrect their creators: A civilization of giant beings called "Banana Heads" or something like that XD

T Dog

Totes hoping for these guys!

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 28, 2015, 04:49:24 PM

Some of them yes, but some of them are just too corny.  Panther, snake, gorilla, and king alien are fine.  Wild boar, buffalo and mantis alien, not so much.  Killer crab might be cool with some minor adjustments

I mentioned the snake alien earlier; while the action figure version is pretty cool, there's also the one from the SNES AVP game:

Another cool design to see on screen would be the King Alien from Aliens Rogue:

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 28, 2015, 05:25:01 PM

;)

oh my god...

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 27, 2015, 11:15:20 AM
Blomkamp seems to be a big enthusiast of the original Alien design -- seeing as he owns a Sideshow bust of it -- what kind of Alien design would you like to see in the new film?

I wouldn't mind seeing both the Alien and Aliens variation. I would also welcome something akin to the new Alien: Isolation Alien... Giger Alien with digitigrade legs.

I love the Alien Isolation xenos.  They're perfect.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

;)

Very like the Tyranids from Warhammer 40k, although they are real monsters, not suits.

T Dog

;)

My original post was tongue in cheek but I'm down for whatever designs Blomkamp wants to use - he seems trustworthy. Would ever love to see some the unused Prometheus designs as it depresses me how wasted  they were.

I had that Xeno suit toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was pretty cool, but nothing beat the Gorilla Alien which you could put water into and squeeze and it would spit it out like acid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed