Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5

Started by shakermakerman, Feb 26, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Author
Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5 (Read 60,945 times)

Adam802

Adam802

Quote from: stroggificated on Feb 27, 2015, 11:07:58 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Feb 27, 2015, 06:09:12 PM
I can't  believe some people actually want to continue from A:R....

Just no

I totally blame Jeunet for this movie. You could have done great things with this synopsis. Seriously, who hired that guy as director once?
I'm not such a big fan of Hicks and Newt. Blomkamp could have redeemed the character Ripley 8 from this mess, i believe.

I dont think ripley 8 can be redeemed as a good character after A:R.  Sorry.

Intrepid-Traveler

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Feb 27, 2015, 12:03:26 PM
Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 27, 2015, 09:30:05 AM
Mmm I think what he's saying that its not directly going to retcon A3/A4. Similar to how predators sort of ignored predator 2 without retconning or even noting the film.

But that is ridiculous when you're bringing characters back to life, which looks to be the case.

Predators had new characters.

This new film should have new characters.

Predator 2 also allowed their to be a sequel of any variety. They whole reason that the film was being considered was the discussions with Weaver and Blomkamp. Of course Ripley is returning, we just don't know how yet. That's is what happens where you have sequels like A3 and A4 that made it extremely difficult to make any further movies.

New characters sure, but I'm sure Blomkamp wants her to return. He wishes to continue the story with Ripley, without over convoluting it.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 11:12:11 PM
Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 27, 2015, 11:02:53 PM
Quote from: shakermakerman on Feb 27, 2015, 09:35:30 PM
Weaver looking really well  :)

http://s11.postimg.org/ew4zkxsoz/sig.jpg  http://s10.postimg.org/51znt3ruh/sig_2.jpg
Although she looks a bit weird in the second pic, I honestly find Sigourney more attractive now than how she looked when she was younger and in the Alien movies.

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ckeditor_assets/pictures/673/content_tumblr_maq0mt7wdc1rhq7xgo1_500.jpg?1350420974

Really?
That's a cute pic but yes. I don't really have a thing for older women or anything but for some reason with her I like her better now  :-[

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

I think she's always been gorgeous and even now, just thought your "viewpoint" was a tad strange is all, no worries.

P R E D A T O R

P R E D A T O R

This should be a sequel to Aliens. Would be cool to see Alien: Isolation made into a movie too. 

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Feb 27, 2015, 12:19:23 PM
It's arm isn't broken in the Concept art so I'm guessing it's different.

Very good point...

Quote from: zuzuki on Feb 27, 2015, 04:25:00 PM
Anyways i can't wait for them to explain grandma Ripley waking up old. Let me guess, all the cryo-tubes had a malfunction so Ripley, Hicks and Newt all aged. They didn't have nourishment to facilitate the aging process, but hey they just got older. FML

Ripley didn't exactly look like she'd just stepped off the Nostromo in 'Aliens', either. Fresh-faced, she wasn't.

However, Weaver was in a recent vampire film, 'Cabin In The Woods' and 'Avatar'. She looked totally fine! I don't see what the fuss is about.

Quote from: P R E D A T O R on Feb 28, 2015, 12:50:45 AM
This should be a sequel to Aliens. Would be cool to see Alien: Isolation made into a movie too.

Elements of the game might work, but there wasn't enough to sustain a film, story-wise. A couple of hours watching a lone character rush around to hide in cabinets? No, thank you. :)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

According to this Calendar: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/calendar.aspx?y=2179

And of course SM's Alien timeline: http://timeline.alienexperience.com/2127to2179.html

There is a span of twelve days from July 28th 2179 to August 8th, 2179. Technically speaking, something COULD theoretically happen within a span of twelve days.

iilllUMFllliii

iilllUMFllliii

The art not only looks epic but it suggest the next alien film we all expected to see. It looks like we  will see it.

shakermakerman

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 28, 2015, 06:00:51 AM

And of course SM's Alien timeline: http://timeline.alienexperience.com/2127to2179.html

There is a span of twelve days from July 28th 2179 to August 8th, 2179. Technically speaking, something COULD theoretically happen within a span of twelve days.
that Riplley forgets in Alien 3?

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Yeah, a movie between the original three would just be bullshit of the highest order, hoaky ACM style bullshit at that.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2015, 01:12:13 AM
Elements of the game might work, but there wasn't enough to sustain a film, story-wise. A couple of hours watching a lone character rush around to hide in cabinets? No, thank you. :)

There's plenty of story to draw from in Alien Isolation.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 28, 2015, 12:12:31 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2015, 01:12:13 AM

There's plenty of story to draw from in Alien Isolation.

True enough, there's plenty of time between Aliens and Alien to tell a story- Aliens and Alien3 though? Nope.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I have no issue with doing a retcon, but if it were up to me I probably would have explored the idea of doing something with the Amanda character. When I first heard that's what they were going to do for AI i didn't like the idea, but after seeing it so well executed in Isolation... Yeah, I think that would have made for a great film.

Adam802

Adam802

Quote from: iilllUMFllliii on Feb 28, 2015, 08:14:48 AM
The art not only looks epic but it suggest the next alien film we all expected to see. It looks like we  will see it.

plot , Ripley and hicks breaking into weyland yutani headquarters ( aliens have been used in the bio weapons dept for the last 30 years ) to finish the job .... Only way to be sure !!
Just a thought

^ This is what I like

And also, yes I like Amanda Ripley as a character also, but she wont be in this movie im sure. 

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 28, 2015, 06:00:51 AM

Seriously?

I admire the effort and its a good fun read, but this stuff is really splitting hairs. Deductive reasoning, being skillful or not, it's fan fiction.

The novelisation says this, an early draft of a script may have said that... Cool. Great to read this. But it's not meant to be this precise because the movies are made for mass audiences not obsessed fans like we all are. Haha. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT. But that's me - a massive Alien nerd.

At a certain point you need to suspend disbelief and admit that its a sci-fi movie and the details don't need to be this absolute. That said, they don't need to be disrespected and retconned either.

I think the lack of clarity in this area (who, what, when and where), especially in Alien 3, sets the tone correctly. The less this stuff is clarified the better. It makes space that much more unsettling IMO anyway. But then again, I always felt A3 started off the way it did to suggest there was a greater story we didn't know about yet (which Prometheus and A:CM and A:I all further contribute to) and I actually LIKED that idea. Which, is something I've never, ever, understood fan reactions to... Why can't people accept the idea that they are only seeing a piece of a larger puzzle? I dunno. Why does everything need to be in this neat package? It's the same thing in Aliens. Some people think Burke was acting alone. In a sense I agree but I also think there was clearly a cover up somewhere and someone knew something whetehr those are the people Ripley interacted with or not. Big Brother was watching...   I specifically mean to say; These aren't questions I want answers to. The proposed answers we all give support to, should be tempered as ruminations. Just ruminations. And what happens when you start trying to line up all these dominos that aren't meant to be lined up, is you end up butting heads with future additions to the story because you forced everything to work out in your mind based on limited information and because we all became attached to certain things we liked and/or did not like...

This stuff needs to be taken with a grain of salt, yes. But this is also why retcons are terrible things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed