"You Are One Ugly Motherfu…" - Wishlist Alien vs. Predator 3

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2015, 09:50:08 AM

Author
"You Are One Ugly Motherfu…" - Wishlist Alien vs. Predator 3 (Read 28,849 times)

DaddyYautja

Arent the films taking place in modern times cause the dude in charge doesnt want them to take place in the future for money reasons?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 26, 2015, 05:29:58 AM
Arent the films taking place in modern times cause the dude in charge doesnt want them to take place in the future for money reasons?

I believe that's Jon Davis you're thinking of.

SiL

He thought it would be "scarier". For what AvP spent on sets they might as well have set it in the future if it was a budget consideration.

I liked the article! Don't know what I think about space battles in the AvP franchise, though. Doesn't sound right and it's much too large-scale for the sort of personal horror the franchises are about.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Feb 26, 2015, 08:44:21 AM
I liked the article! Don't know what I think about space battles in the AvP franchise, though. Doesn't sound right and it's much too large-scale for the sort of personal horror the franchises are about.

I'm glad you like it.  :)

It might just be my interest in seeing that sort of space combat in a film (and how much I love seeing/reading it in Halo).

SiL

I love space battles, just not in my AVPs, I guess.

Corporal Hicks

I'd agree if we're talking about the individual franchises. However, I think it'd add an extra layer to the crossover that would work.

SiL

I don't see how. You're taking the threat and making it too large -- not to mention basically making one of your three major players completely unusable (What are the Aliens doing during this?)

The closest I could see that would fit will would be if the climax had a marine ship bombard an Alien-infested Predator ship, or vice-versa.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Feb 26, 2015, 10:56:38 AM
The closest I could see that would fit will would be if the climax had a marine ship bombard an Alien-infested Predator ship, or vice-versa.

That would suit me fine completely. I'm not talking about seeing a full scale, fleet on fleet action. Just something on a smaller scale like that.

Doggo33

Oh that's a valid complaint about 'Alien vs Predaotr' (that it was set on Earth, undermining the 'Alien' franchise).
I think the first film is still a good watch, but sure that makes sense.
I'd like to see a sequel providing it doesn't contradict any of the previous films (bar 'Prometheus').

Jamcobaltss

I see your point but remember in AVP-R the government covered it up with a Nuclear blast. So essentially the aliens and predator never existed. However a key point is the Predator technology that was found by Yutani corp which could be the key to future technology advances like space travel which help set up the first alien and Prometheus movie.

iillUMFllliii

One thought from a die hard fan would be expanding the universe of avp as the producers/writers of PRED.'.TORS had done by adding NEW species that our "hunters" used as prey.

Start the film with Predators hunting other species on a distant world and then leaving with trophies. Do this part well. Show the brute culture within the nomadic spacecraft. Spartan type battles to the death to secure a spot as a leader of some sort (like the comics/graphic novels).

Also feature our Colonial Marines, capturing another distant world which may have some indigenous threat (like giant humanoid sharks idk), so that scientist can study and survey the land/resources etc.

Xenos can either come about on hunter spaceships or the jockeys.

If we can use our heroes from past films it would be so far in the future that most would have to be cyborg of some sort (like avp arcade arnie).

yes definitely set in the future. If I see 1904 at the beginning of the film I will sober up instantly as a fan KNOWING avp universe is in the future with the USCM. In the comics it was, the books, and all games made. It was set in the future. Predators was clever because they left the Earth entirely.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

iillUMFllii

Also one more charm from the older films then im off to bed. Making these films longer is a must if they are to be close to good or as interesting as their predecessors. Reason being is character development.

Think about it. Let this thought marinate because no one here has said it. Predator 1 was made in late 80's right? I can remember almost every persons name in that film and it hurt when they died. WHY? because I liked them.

The audience identified with them. Same ish goes for Alien 1. The later films were great. I loved each and everyone for what it was. Even what the brothers did was cool with me minus having to turn up the brightness on my dvd  8)

BUT who can tell me the pizza boys name? or that blonde girl on avp 1? They were all great but the whole thing was rushed/crammed together.

It can only be great suck or fall in the middle somewhere...have fun fox happy hunting.

razeak

I want a good sci-fi script with some horror elements and maybe some Colonial Marines(completely secondary to all other elements). I like originality also so a completely original take that retains horror and suspense welcome too.

A good script, good actors and een good director. Both movies lacked both.
2 hacks for directors. Anderson is a copycat, the brothers strauss bad copycats.
It could have been a special movie with a talented director.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

To be like ALIENS, but with a few Predators thrown in there. Could be that project O.W.L.F. have sent a branch of marines in after a last known sighing of a Predator, in a set up hunting grounds in which they deliberately let loose some mercs to go rampant on some colony planet, or something, once the Predator takes the bait, its up to the marines to try and capture one of them for their technology, problem is, the predators capture some of them, infect them with some face huggers they have on ship and release them back with their marine team to burst, so the predators have me some fun tonight, problem is, one has a queen infected, or an alien that transforms.

There should be no grappling with alien and predators, no swinging around. Should be, if an alien grabs a pred, the pred dies, or, the pred just pushes it away, the damn things have an exoskeleton after all.

I don't know, more creative than AVP:R.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed