Which upcoming Alien sequel would you rather see?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 20, 2015, 03:46:48 PM

If you could only choose one what would it be?

Alien 5- Taking place in the Alien universe with the other 4 films
25 (53.2%)
Prometheus 2
2 (4.3%)
Alien 5- taking place right after Prometheus 2
4 (8.5%)
Alien 5 retconned after Aliens
16 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Which upcoming Alien sequel would you rather see? (Read 6,720 times)

LastSurvivor92

I would rather see it retconned after Aliens or place with the other 4 films.

RakaiThwei

I would rather see it take place after the four movies. I'm not in favor of a retcon.

Marty1987

Does anybody know of any movies that went a different direction with a retcon and turned out really good?

windebieste

windebieste

None of this damaging retcon nonsense.  It's divisive and damaging in the extreme for no gain other than needlessly bringing back a pair of characters that have already run their distance. 

Finish off the series with a direct sequel  to 'ALIEN: Resurrection'.  Wrap it all up properly and put Ripley 8 (Ripley in general.) to rest, finally.  There is so much potential here to finish the series responsibly without relying on comic book variety indulgent tangential fan wank.

-Windebieste.

Master

With other Alien films. Dreams, alternate realities can bite it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Either first or fourth options.

oduodu

according to the poll once again people want Ripley 8.

is it coll or call ??

anyways we might see Winona rider come back !!??

LOL

Corporal Hicks

Because Ripley 8 has some real potential to get interesting. Her connection to the Aliens and her alienation from humanity could be really fun to play with. And I imagine Sigourney would love that kind of thing.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2015, 08:29:06 AM
Because Ripley 8 has some real potential to get interesting. Her connection to the Aliens and her alienation from humanity could be really fun to play with. And I imagine Sigourney would love that kind of thing.

Yeah, I guess. I personally hate Ripley 8. The majority of the running time spent with her in A:R was watching a woman who was so disconnected there was no way to relate to anything about her. The only seen that ever got a heartbeat for me at all was the cloning scene (and the one brief moment where 8 cried over the picture of the little girl... Which was a deleted scene.)

I voted for a retcon.

Corporal Hicks

We don't have to be able to connect to them. Just find them interesting.

That's where Prometheus faltered. It insisted we had to have a connection.

whiterabbit

Voted number 1. I want a true Alien 5 and the only way that would work is if it came after the fourth movie. You can't just retcon 3 + 4 and put in number 5. It doesn't add up.

Gash

Not an Alien sequel, but Prometheus 2 all the way.

oduodu

oduodu

i voted retcon because i thought thats  what most people wanted. i sorta did want a retcon but the script writing for alien 3 showed they basically had no where else to go - after 13 scripts they ended up with alien 3. so i agree with going after alien 4.

i always thought closing the story of Ripley would have worked nice if r8 went and discovered Ripley's life (history) and then understood she(r8)  received the payoff for it(for Ripley sacrificing her life) - super strong - super adaptable- and became what the bio weapons devision always wanted. but now WY no longer existed so perhaps she decides to right the wrong of WY ala pretender style.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Marty1987 on Feb 20, 2015, 10:06:49 PMDoes anybody know of any movies that went a different direction with a retcon and turned out really good?

I was wondering about this myself.

How did Superman Returns go down? I'm not really a fan so I never saw it.

Gash

Superman Returns was great right up until the end of the title sequence.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed