Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Feb 19, 2015, 04:10:20 PM

Author
Perfect Organism: The Unofficial Alien Saga Podcast (seeking ideas) (Read 29,703 times)

SM

QuoteThat's fair enough. I'm sure they'd appreciate you dropping some feedback down on their page. I try to feedback as much as I can.

After enduring about 10 minutes of their ill-informed Alien Resurrection podcast, I think any feedback I left would come across a tad mean.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 17, 2016, 05:07:18 AM
QuoteThat's fair enough. I'm sure they'd appreciate you dropping some feedback down on their page. I try to feedback as much as I can.

After enduring about 10 minutes of their ill-informed Alien Resurrection podcast, I think any feedback I left would come across a tad mean.

Would it be dripping with short, controlled bursts of your trademark sarcasm?

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 16, 2016, 05:23:28 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 16, 2016, 02:33:01 AM
I'm far from alone in rating Resurrection and Prometheus above the AvPs.

Very far.

With the exception of Prometheus, I thought they were all various degrees of terrible.  Prometheus was merely disappointing.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 16, 2016, 07:32:54 PMI'd actually offered alpha some hosting space here for the Archive but he'd already accepted Scified's offer. I'm not keen how it's just looks a part of their usual template.

Did you extend that same offer to Mike Lynch for The Anchorpoint Essays?  Even if he no longer wants to maintain it, I can't understand why he'd want it just gone.  SM?

SM

From memory Mike just didn't have the time or motivation to keep it running, but didn't want to lose control of it by hosting it elsewhere.

QuoteWould it be dripping with short, controlled bursts of your trademark sarcasm?

Dunno what you're talking about.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 17, 2016, 09:13:09 PM
From memory Mike just didn't have the time or motivation to keep it running, but didn't want to lose control of it by hosting it elsewhere.

Can we expect the same fate for the timeline when SM-of-the-future gets tired of maintaining it?

SM

I haven't maintained it for yonks as it is.

ScaryMinds

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 17, 2015, 07:42:45 PM
Any chance you can use something other than Soundcloud? Preferably with a RSS feed. There's no easy way to download and listen to these on my phone.

Is this podcast gone? Tried the soundcloud links and the software over there is claiming it can't find the tracks .... I'm blaming WY trying to stop the truth getting out.

SM

Looks like it's still here.

Tried listening to a couple more eps.  Still not engaging me at all.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: SM on Oct 15, 2016, 02:45:29 AM
I submitted a request to join WYB on Facebook 'cos me old mate Darrell Curtis is on it, but after listening to the podcast, I didn't really think we were on the same wavelength and cancelled it.

I tried Scified as well, but visit less and less due to a number of the longtime posters being very precious about their (often intriguing) opinions and aren't very welcoming to other points of view.  I mainly go there now 'cos xeno_alpha07 moved the brilliant Weyland Yutani Archive there.

Thanks for the shout out, bud! 😉  I left WYB and SciFied for similar reasons.  For a particularly boring old fart of a subject, have you checked out Episode 28 of TPO?  They did a pretty good job considering who they had as guest... 

SM

Of course I listened to that one.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteHey, ALIEN friends. The Perfect Organism podcast interviewed me about the #ALIEN series. Take a listen. Run it through ECIU, if you must. Coming soon: BLADE RUNNER chat with their sister podcast, Shoulder of Orion.

https://twitter.com/Lauzirika/status/930834203272507394

Corporal Hicks

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-zcjpd-839adc

I've not had a chance to listen to it yet but JM was also invited down to ADI at the end of last year and his audio interview is now up.

Wweyland

I remember that the makers of Alien: Covenant consulted an "Alien expert" to get the lore "right".
I wonder if that was Charles de Lauzirika.
Although he is a great Alien historian, I wonder how well he knows the in-universe stuff.

SM

If it was CdL; he's pretty switched on.

The Old One

The Old One

Every episode's fantastic, since no 1.
Cheers!

ScaryMinds

Quote from: SM on Feb 21, 2017, 03:49:37 AM
Looks like it's still here.

Tried listening to a couple more eps.  Still not engaging me at all.

Thanks dude, looks like I got a lot of listening on the horizon  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed