Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 296,071 times)

xeno-kaname

YES!

And I think Blomkamp liked SOME of the ideas from Aliens Colonial Marines. That one with the Derelict having construction around it. Hicks. He might want to follow that story and bring back Hicks that way. Although idk how him and Ripley would meet again.

But yeah I think he keeps an eye on games. He gave props to Alien Isolation.

viendammage

YESSSSSSSS! Hicks lives! Seeing as Prometheus was half prequel, half it's own thing inside the Alien universe, I hope that Blomkamp's Alien just picks up 30 years after Aliens. I'd be very surprised if Fox is all that concerned with having it follow 3 and Resurrection considering they didn't want Prometheus to be a straight prequel to Alien.

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 19, 2015, 01:15:05 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2015, 01:05:47 AM
Well, this being set post-Prometheus 2 is... odd. But something tells me that it'll be pretty standalone in its own right.

I still think bringing back Hicks is kind of dumb, but if it happens it happens. I don't really give a shit at this point. I'm just interested in seeing what Scott's take on this world looks like.

Hicks I'm fine without being in the picture since its CLEARLY obvious he dies in Alien 3 but I think Blomkamp needs to finish up Ripley's story and at least wrap everything up. I'm tired of hearing about this Prometheus hype. Scott needs to get over himself and focus on his own films without intertwining his crap with other Director's. Ridley just move on man. Make Prometheus 2 your last 'Some-what Alien' movie.

But what is unrealized about Ripley's story? She dies in 3 then is cloned in Resurrection. Seems pretty full circle to me.

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

I'm optimistic. But then, I was also optimistic for Prometheus...

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Please Fox do not screw this up! It been so long since we had a solo Alien movie. I never thought to see the day happen   :o !

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 19, 2015, 01:38:04 AM
Please Fox do not screw this up! It been so long since we had a solo Alien movie.

Its been ever longer since we had a good one...

Crazy Rich

I'm too say the least, pretty damn cynical about this. Due to some of the concept work I've seen and the whole "recton" idea it's a chalkboard scratching a chalkboard for me.

Rankles75

Retcon! Retcon! Retcon! Retcon! Retcon! :)

Not overly fussed about Prometheus 2 (seeing as how the first was such a crushing disappointment) but a new Alien film that hopefully recaptures some of the magic of the first two films, while erasing the latter two abortions from the history books, would be a dream come true...

The Cruentus

Quote from: GQSioux on Feb 19, 2015, 01:33:46 AM
We're getting both a Prometheus 2 AND an Alien sequel. I'm just gonna sit back and be optimistic.  ;D
Oh it turns out the new Alien title is Alien V Requiem, tag line: Just when you thought it couldn't get worse!

Gash

Bringing back Hicks would be weird and pointless - what was there to the character anyway? But even bringing back Ripley would destroy it for me. She was a survivor by chance, ever more convoluted ways of involving her in each sequel was stretching credibility.

Amanda Ripley maybe. Make a film inspired by Isolation. Something that recaptures the essence of the original. And get the look of the alien right, if it's an alien film it's Giger's alien you want.

No Queen alien either, let's not go down that route again. In fact, for me, if it's anything in the Aliens mould I would find it a deeply depressing. regressive watch. Colonial marines - no thanks.

Gate

r6i99

r6i99

that art work is truly, truly hideous.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I will be hype up for this movie once we get story details and the movie starts filming. After what happen with AVPR, I want to fully watch the movie before I make judgement.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2015, 01:31:32 AM
I'd be content - happy, even - if the film didn't feature Ripley or Hicks and they were just placeholders in the concept art.

Sure, Blomkamp talked to Siggy about it while filming Chappie, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's involved.

We can only hope. I'm really conflicted about this news, actually. I've got my fingers crossed that it goes back to the pre-Siggy version of his story because I don't think I'll be able to get excited about this if it's HIX N NOOT wish-fulfillment or even just has Weaver. I'm done with Ripley.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Feb 19, 2015, 01:42:53 AM
I'm too say the least, pretty damn cynical about this. Due to some of the concept work I've seen and the whole "recton" idea it's a chalkboard scratching a chalkboard for me.

You know... I feel the same way.

I want to be excited for it but I'm just like... "Oh, another Alien. Cool, I guess?"

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Feb 19, 2015, 01:56:19 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2015, 01:31:32 AM
I'd be content - happy, even - if the film didn't feature Ripley or Hicks and they were just placeholders in the concept art.

Sure, Blomkamp talked to Siggy about it while filming Chappie, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's involved.

We can only hope. I'm really conflicted about this news, actually. I've got my fingers crossed that it goes back to the pre-Siggy version of his story because I don't think I'll be able to get excited about this if it's HIX N NOOT wish-fulfillment or even just has Weaver. I'm done with Ripley.

Yup, totally get that.

That being said, I'm curious enough about seeing how Blomkamp handles the film that I'm willing to go along with just about anything, so long as the end result is good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed