Did you think Prometheus was boring?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 16, 2015, 03:35:16 PM

Did you think Prometheus was boring?

Yes
No
Author
Did you think Prometheus was boring? (Read 14,819 times)

LastSurvivor92

I found it rather tedious to watch. What do you guys think?

Xenorgue

I love prometheus. I find a lot of people are of bad faith with this movie.
An example: a Lot of people criticizes the minor characters who are not developed. People adore aliens 2 nevertheless 80 % of the marines are not developed in term of character.

People have the right of step to like but many the critic for the pleasure to be nasty. :(

RakaiThwei

I wouldn't say the movie is boring more as it is pretentious.

marrerom

I thought it was fascinating.

whiterabbit

Prometheus is like Lawrence of Arabia... no where as good as that but also no where as long as it either. :P

After watching Prometheus a few times it is starting to make more sense, especially in the context of LoA. Lots of parallels there. The only thing that bugs the f**k out of me about the movie is that giant f**king head. It is boring in that there is no monumental revelation at the end but it is none the less very watchable. Even with the asinine characters.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I was not expecting a military science fiction film, as was James Cameron's Aliens. But at least I was expecting a horror movie, like Alien. And all because of that damned first trailer, and also by Ridley Scott, who said:

Quote"Of course, what i want to do is scare the living shit out of you."

That being said, my answer is yes! Prometheus was a bit boring, especially because I did not expect this sort of philosophical space opera.

Anyway I've learned to appreciate this film with the passage of time. There are some good concepts and thoughts there.

genocyber

It was more underwhelming than boring.

Corporal Hicks

It annoys me more than anything. I've tried to watch it several times since the Blu-ray came out and I can never finish it. I find myself getting too pissed off with it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: bworko on Feb 16, 2015, 07:55:42 PMAn example: a Lot of people criticizes the minor characters who are not developed. People adore aliens 2 nevertheless 80 % of the marines are not developed in term of character.

The place where character development was seriously lacking in Proemtheus wasn't in the supporting cast, it was in the main cast. Only David had any kind of personality. The others didn't do anything to make me care about them. They were complete non-entities.

The Cruentus

I got to admit, as much I did find Prometheus interesting and even enjoyable, I was disappointed in it.

whiterabbit

I admit I had high expectations for the movie and got butt hurt over it but I just watched it last night and damn is it rewatchable. There is a lot of content in the movie. Perhaps way too much but the movie does deal with things such as god, science and philosophy while looking great doing it. Also it has things such as Weyland claiming that David has no soul; there for he can't appreciate the gifts granted to him by Papa Weyland. Then as we all know, near the end of the film, there is Papa Weyland begging for more life, unable to appreciate the life he was given by the engineers... the soulless bastard. :P

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2015, 09:24:00 AM
It annoys me more than anything. I've tried to watch it several times since the Blu-ray came out and I can never finish it. I find myself getting too pissed off with it.

Exactly. I'm able to finish it but I find it so silly to watch.

I think Shaw was terrible as the main protaginist character and many complain about the so called, 'Doucheness' of Charlie Holloway. My favorite character was easily Fifield but I liked Millburn too. They seemed more relatable and rational. Same with Janek, Chance and Raval. Honestly I enjoyed those characters the most. There was just something about Shaw and Holloway that didn't at all seem to fit the main protaginist characters of a film. They were boring and rather uninteresting the entire duration of the film.

whiterabbit

I have to believe that it was Ridley's intention to make the characters so damn flawed. At the best, over educated, under achieving, slackers.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 18, 2015, 07:54:45 AMI have to believe that it was Ridley's intention to make the characters so damn flawed. At the best, over educated, under achieving, slackers.

Even if it was, that doesn't excuse making them uninteresting over educated, under achieving, slackers.

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 18, 2015, 08:49:09 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 18, 2015, 07:54:45 AMI have to believe that it was Ridley's intention to make the characters so damn flawed. At the best, over educated, under achieving, slackers.

Even if it was, that doesn't excuse making them uninteresting over educated, under achieving, slackers.
No... but that pretty much was the crew of the Nostromo. Kane == Milburn for example.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed