Lost Contact: Latest Alien Isolation DLC Released

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2015, 12:24:58 PM

Author
Lost Contact: Latest Alien Isolation DLC Released (Read 11,506 times)

Corporal Hicks

The team over at Alien Isolation have announced the fourth piece of downloadable content for Alien Isolation. Called Lost Contact, this DLC sees you playing as Axel (met in the main campaign of Alien Isolation) to get out alive:

“'Lost Contact' reintroduces the character of Axel who some of you will remember encountering in the main game when Amanda first lands on Sevastopol.

Set during the events prior to his meeting with Amanda, Axel is stranded in one of the more remote areas of the station. Cut off from all contact with his colleagues, Axel will need to use every skill and all his cunning in order to stay alive and escape.

With ten increasingly challenging tasks to complete on his route to escape, as Axel, you will have to navigate the corridors and crawl spaces, crafting items to give you the edge against the difficult opponents awaiting you.

Each completed challenge will reward you with points and access to new items to collect and craft. With enough points, you'll have the chance of banking your progress. Should you fail at any point, you'll be taken back to your last saved challenge. However, this comes at the cost of your final score and a revered place on our leader boards.

With only one life to play with, will you risk the points for the perfect score or use them to take the safer route?”

You can download Lost Contact today, with PS3 and PS4 owner’s from Europe able to download as of tomorrow.

• STEAM: Available from 09:00 GMT (01:00 PST), Tuesday, 10th February
  • XBOX ONE, XBOX 360: Tuesday, 10th February
  • PS3 and PS4 in North America:  Tuesday, 10th February
  • PS3 and PS4 in Europe: Available from Wednesday, 11th February

Darkness

Are the save points a new feature for the fourth DLC? I only ever played the first DLC and that was it.

vikingr

Thanks for the information!

Is that just a new survivor mission?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 10, 2015, 12:45:02 PM
Are the save points a new feature for the fourth DLC? I only ever played the first DLC and that was it.

I believe the last one did as well. With the introduction of the new marathon mode.

Crazy Rich

The save points were in the 3rd DLC and are probably in the 4th in the same way. In between missions in your safe haven you can save your progress but for a price, some of your points.

I'll be giving this a go today.

Engineer

I thought we had a 5th dlc pack coming, by the end of March? Did I missread that somewhere?

Corporal Hicks

There should be. Where are you seeing otherwise?

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2015, 08:29:05 PM
There should be. Where are you seeing otherwise?
Oh crap! Sorry! I misread the title of this thread as "the last alien isolation dlc" rather than "the latest." Lol. Never mind!

Crazy Rich

I had quite a bit of fun with this.

RidgeTop

I thought Axel said that he hadn't seen the Alien in the main story?-

Darkblade 25

I like that their is a new DLC you can play as Axel and maybe this DLC may give some backstory on how the alien got on board and all that crazy stuff wish I had money to get it.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 12, 2015, 09:31:09 AM
I thought Axel said that he hadn't seen the Alien in the main story?-

It's not really anything "story" related, it's just a map in which you just go through missions and aim for a good time or score (time limit of 2 hours), Axel is the newest character but you can also play as other characters, in some levels you can play as Ellen Ripley, Parker and Dallas (if you have the bonus missions).

Vrastal

the only dlc i have is crew expendable because preorder. non of the dlc has had anything really story driven so i havnet bothered to get it.

Razz

I've been meaning to give Isolation another solid playthrough (Not played since completing it), although I'll look at getting the DLC when I do go through it again, as soon as I clear my insane backlog.

vikingr

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 09:46:30 PM
the only dlc i have is crew expendable because preorder. non of the dlc has had anything really story driven so i havnet bothered to get it.
Imo Last Survivor is also definately worth it. It's pretty cheap too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed