AvPGalaxy Interviews Alien: Isolation Writers

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2015, 06:47:07 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interviews Alien: Isolation Writers (Read 13,403 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Great interview. Their enthusiasm really jumps out at you, you can tell they loved working on the game.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2015, 08:21:37 AMThe world building aspect was one of my favourite things about the game. I found it to be so completely immersive due to things like that. The care and attention put into all of the locations, into their purpose and their past really made it seem alive and lived in.

Same here. Sevastopol seriously reminded me of Rapture from the first Bioshock, in terms of how it felt like a real, lived-in environment.

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 05, 2015, 03:51:49 PM
Great interview. Their enthusiasm really jumps out at you, you can tell they loved working on the game.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2015, 08:21:37 AMThe world building aspect was one of my favourite things about the game. I found it to be so completely immersive due to things like that. The care and attention put into all of the locations, into their purpose and their past really made it seem alive and lived in.

Same here. Sevastopol seriously reminded me of Rapture from the first Bioshock, in terms of how it felt like a real, lived-in environment.

Agreed, you look around and you can just see that this was a full, living community once, even it was about to go under. About hundred or more people lived on the station. I loved how they paid attention to detail, you just see funny decorations on desks just like in the first film.
I would liked to have seen the station before the events of Isolation. If you look at the floors, namely the smooth ones, they always have smudged shoe marks from where people have walked about, now that is good attention to detail.

Jman

Jman

Personally, I thought Aliens:CM was a decent game. If the alien animations and ai from 2010's AVP were used, it certainly would have been better. But, as a virtual tour of the Aliens movie scenery, I thought it did well. Doesn't make much sense that the nuclear explosion didn't completely destroy Hadleys Hope, but maybe the blast wave radiated more up into the atmosphere instead of spreading out, thus preserving some of the colony. And, I think that the captive colonial marine should have been Apone or Hudson, that maybe wey-yu somehow found one of them still alive on LV-426 and took them prisoner.

Darkblade 25

Thanks for that I am happy it went well :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed