AvP 2010 and A:CM Removed from Steam

Started by ikarop, Jan 02, 2015, 06:25:30 PM

Author
AvP 2010 and A:CM Removed from Steam (Read 9,783 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Rebellion’s Aliens vs. Predator and Gearbox Software’s Aliens: Colonial Marines have been pulled from Steam on January 1st, 2015. Both titles are no longer purchasable from Valve’s digital platform but they still can be activated and accessed via your Steam Library.

While no official explanation has been given as to why both games aren’t available through Steam any more, this could potentially indicate the end of SEGA’s license to digitally distribute these two titles.

news Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art!

Other licensed games, including several of Activision’s Marvel titles as well as Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse and Ice Age 4 were delisted from Steam in time for the new year.

Vrastal

I wonder how long itll be till we see any new alien games

PVTDukeMorrison

Good.

Tanzu15

not good at all. i love this game and community is big in it. only experience we have. great visuals and fun gameplay. Game also has badass soundtracks.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I never got the chance to download AVP '010 on Steam :(. I only had the game on the 360 from 2010 - 2013.

Bio Mech Hunter

Son of a bitch. They didn't give us a single forewarning on this, either. I'm guessing the license is changing hands.

This kind of crap ticks me off, and almost all digital distributors do it. At least let us know a game and/or it's DLC is going to be removed so those of us that want it or have been on the fence about it can actually get it before it's too late. Hell, they'd make more money if they'd advertise something like, "Act now! Item being removed on xxxx!".

Shit. My sis was planning on purchasing AVP'10 on Steam as soon as her gaming rig was ready. I was really looking forward to playing it with her, too. :(

The Necronoir

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jan 03, 2015, 02:48:42 AM
Son of a bitch. They didn't give us a single forewarning on this, either. I'm guessing the license is changing hands.

This kind of crap ticks me off, and almost all digital distributors do it. At least let us know a game and/or it's DLC is going to be removed so those of us that want it or have been on the fence about it can actually get it before it's too late. Hell, they'd make more money if they'd advertise something like, "Act now! Item being removed on xxxx!".

Shit. My sis was planning on purchasing AVP'10 on Steam as soon as her gaming rig was ready. I was really looking forward to playing it with her, too. :(
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all physical copies of the game will still have valid Steam activation codes...

Randomizer

Bad move , Valve , bad move .

Son Of Kane

Good, as far as I'm considered.

WinterActual

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 02, 2015, 11:43:02 PM
Good.

Yeah, I expected that to happen a lot earlier.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: The Necronoir on Jan 03, 2015, 11:11:06 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jan 03, 2015, 02:48:42 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all physical copies of the game will still have valid Steam activation codes...
That's what I'm hoping. The trick is tracking one down.

However, if the Steam activation codes don't work anymore, then there's a serious problem.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like they've been removed from the X-Box and PlayStation and other Digital distribution sites.

WinterActual

It sucks that you can't buy the DLCs even if you already own the game.

DarkXeno

DarkXeno

Well for those of you who did pick it up with the holiday sales we have a group of people even with a dedicated server from time to time that play the DLC and the normal maps if you'd like to group on Steam we can make one and set up dates. If interested please message me.

Also who has the licensing then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed