Pretty cool alien 35th anniversary ornament

Started by Engineer, Jan 02, 2015, 06:12:12 PM

Author
Pretty cool alien 35th anniversary ornament (Read 2,172 times)

Engineer

Soooo... I got a pretty cool alien 35th anniversary Christmas tree ornament as a gift this holiday. I never would have expected this sort of collector's item! I thought I'd share this with everyone here! Here's a link to the ornament:

http://shop.hallmark.com/christmas/christmas-ornaments/alien-1795QXI2783.html

It's a pretty good model replica of the original giger alien!

MrSpaceJockey

Indeed it is! Looks like it'd make a nifty little statue for a desk or something too, outside of the holidays.

Elmazalman

Too bad the two lower dorsal tubes are upside down,otherwise a decent likeness.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 02, 2015, 08:15:40 PM
Indeed it is! Looks like it'd make a nifty little statue for a desk or something too, outside of the holidays.

Lol. That's actually where I have it on display right now... My desk!

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 02, 2015, 09:27:19 PM
Too bad the two lower dorsal tubes are upside down,otherwise a decent likeness.
Huh! That's weird. The pic does show they are upside down, but the orniment itself is correct actually! Weird! I can confirm that the dorsal tubes are all rightside up despite the photo on the website, AND despite the photo on the box it comes in.

Jango1201

I wound up getting two of these for Christmas ;D One from my mom and one from my girlfriend's mom. I put one on the tree and the other is hanging from my car's review mirror.

Engineer

Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 05, 2015, 03:25:38 AM
I wound up getting two of these for Christmas ;D One from my mom and one from my girlfriend's mom. I put one on the tree and the other is hanging from my car's review mirror.
Lucky you! Lol

I thought it was a pretty nifty gift! Primarily because I didn't even know it existed! Lol

Jango1201

I found it in a Hallmark store a month before Christmas and it didn't take long for the word to get out that I wanted one.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's really cool for such a cheap price. I really should pick one of these up for when we actually start putting trees up. xD

Jango1201

Get one now online before they either disappear or become more money.

Engineer

Heads up! PSA! What ever you want to call it!...

I just got insider information that this Christmas, a similar Christmas tree orniment will be sold by Hallmark again! Only this time, it will be predator...

PS. Insider info comes from my mom (current employee).

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Engineer on May 11, 2015, 03:09:44 AM
Heads up! PSA! What ever you want to call it!...

I just got insider information that this Christmas, a similar Christmas tree orniment will be sold by Hallmark again! Only this time, it will be predator...

PS. Insider info comes from my mom (current employee).
Excellent! I grabbed the Alien one last year. Now I can has a Pred to go with it. Thanks for the news! Hope it comes to fruition!

Engineer

This is NOT a necro post!

It's coming....

http://shop.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/predator-ornament-1795QXI2589.html

The predator ornament! I like the alien one better! :-)

I bet next year we'll get "aliens" (fingers crossed).

sir_bobos

My wife got one for me last year. In space no one can hear you opening presents.

Might need to leave my screen open on that page.

Perfect-Organism

And poor Baby Jesus does a facepalm.

Engineer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed