Can we expect to see the Queen in a follow up to Isolation?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Dec 10, 2014, 11:38:48 PM

Author
Can we expect to see the Queen in a follow up to Isolation? (Read 34,885 times)

The Cruentus

Quote from: Chronicle on Jan 29, 2015, 06:01:10 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 29, 2015, 05:33:49 PM
The Queen would be dead due to the events of the game, however, that is not to say someone won't stumble on the eggs....again and a Queen will possibly be present again....though that would just be another rehash. I don't think CA should go the movies route i.e Alien = Aliens, they should keep it a horror but give you more to fight with, I mean I am not adverse to the idea of a colonial marine or a early version of them being present and having to fight an Alien or more, but ammo should be very limited and the Alien should still kill you as soon as it gets to you, basically given you the message that despite being armed: "it won't make any difference"  ;D  well, maybe a little, certainly not enough to empower you, just enough so its a different experience to the first game.

Very good way at looking at it.

I think having the marines be super vulnerable in a terrifying environment would be perfect. I just don't like the idea of Creative Assembly negating the sequels because their so caught up with the first film. Aliens is just too good to pass up and I don't see why their trying to steer clear of it. Maybe since Sega and Gearbox already kind of f**ked up on Colonial Marines and that was already attempted. That might be a reason. But the game was terrible, not many play it anymore and its long since been forgotten by many. I think Sega would be very relieved to hear such a request to make an Aliens game.

I love the horror in the first film because it really does bring you back to Alien but why are we doing that again guys? Wouldn't it be more appealing to have a whole new outake for an Alien game?

I think the reason for the focus on Alien rather than Aliens is not merely because of A:CM (though I would not blame them if it was) but because nearly all games such as AVP and Infestion has already tried to replicate Aliens as they always have the colonial marines in them in some shape or form and with same lax attitude (sprucing up their armor) and the aliens are mostly Warriors (with some Runners) and not to mention Queen bosses. So its refreshing to make a game based upon the first film for a change.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 29, 2015, 05:42:39 PM
I'd actually quite like to see more about the Colonial Marshals.

Me too. I would have prefered to have seen them in River of Pain.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2015, 09:47:14 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 29, 2015, 05:42:39 PM
I'd actually quite like to see more about the Colonial Marshals.

Me too. I would have prefered to have seen them in River of Pain.

YES.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2015, 09:47:14 PMMe too. I would have prefered to have seen them in River of Pain.

Definitely.

vikingr

I would love a sequel in the same style without marines and queen. Just because I feel there is still so much potential.

After that I would of course love a good more shooter like game. It should be still scary as hell though.

Corporal Hicks

Shooters can be. The first level of AvP (2010) had some good atmosphere. As did Classic.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2015, 11:50:09 AMShooters can be. The first level of AvP (2010) had some good atmosphere. As did Classic.

That first Marine mission was awesome. It covered the whole spectrum from slow-paced fear to frantic terror.

vikingr

Well yeah, A:CM had those scenes too, but it's not comparable with the intense suspense of A:I. Of course you'll lose some of the suspense in a shooter, but I prefer something more closer to A:I.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: vikingr on Jan 30, 2015, 12:19:52 PMWell yeah, A:CM had those scenes too, but it's not comparable with the intense suspense of A:I.

ACM didn't have those scenes at all. It had virtually zero tension in it (and if you discount the first half of the Raven level, it had literally zero tension). That was it's biggest problem.

Corporal Hicks

ACM didn't approach anywhere near the atmosphere AvP had IMHO. The only effective bit was the sewer section and after your first play through, it was just was flipping ridiculous. Aside from the jungle sections, I thought 2010 maintained a very nice atmosphere throughout the game.

vikingr

I had more scare jumps and tension at the first missions of A:CM as at playing he first AvP mission. (I just started with AvP)

I know about all the hate A:CM receives but I liked it and was sometimes scared (in the first missions). So I can't second your opinion about it to have no tension. That isn't true at all. Maybe the tension get lost when your pissed it being not the game you wanted it to be. I could understand that.

I played it a month ago, when all updates were released and directx11 support was available. Still the story is pretty linear and I hate the spitters and the raven.

The Cruentus

A:CM was indeed a bad game but I did enjoy some parts of it even if it was for mindless fun  :laugh: but there really was no tension in the game, well arguably there was in sewer scene and getting chased by the Raven, but that wore off pretty quickly because of how easy is it to beat it in ultimate badass mode.

AVP2010 was not the best either, at worst its mediocre and gets boring quickly, at best its average with good animations and quite fun, but the (really) short campaigns, lack of engagment and emersion of being an Alien or Predator coupled with bad multiplayer setup (if this was done right, the game would be really popular) ruins the game, however, the marine campaign is arguably the best and in the first few levels, it does capture some of the tension of previous avp games, the second game by monolith arguably still tops it though.

blood.

I wouldn't mind another stealth based game as a follow up, perhaps with a colonial marine as the main character, however he/she gets disarmed somehow and isolated. Creating a similar game to A:Isolation... until he/she gets their hands on a pulse rifle or even a smartgun late in the game and the tables turn, perhaps a run and gun mission towards the end to escape from wherever the setting is, and the aliens are still tough and of course the guns are useless agaisnt the queen

polaris1924

I think the isolation follow up should feature yautja. Wouldn't that be a huge surprise to everyone if you we're about to get killed by xeno and a pred sliced its head off. That would be the best.

The Cruentus

I don't know, they could simply make seperate game about the Predator in where you are hunted by it. There is no need to mix and mash them in a game designed to reference only Alien. If they wanted a predator in it, it wouldn't be Alien Isolation 2, it would be an AVP game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed