Ridley Scott sez "Prometheus 2 gets away from Gods and Dragons".

Started by Blacklabel, Nov 19, 2014, 05:07:47 AM

Author
Ridley Scott sez "Prometheus 2 gets away from Gods and Dragons". (Read 53,443 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Of course they will screw it up in one way or another. But it would be refreshing to see something new. Extremely tired of Colonial Marines and Predator crossovers. Technically A:R left us with a grand opening to a new chapter in the Alien saga, but no one cares or knows what to do with it (...yet).

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2014, 08:31:22 AM
It needs to be a new form if that's really what he's going for. Yes, the Deacon isn't an Alien, but it was conceived in such a way that it was basically an Alien and the basic appearance is the same.

He needs to go for something completely out there - in much the same way as the original Alien was.

pls ridley

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 29, 2014, 01:36:48 AM

pls ridley

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z8O32jL-QWQ/hqdefault.jpg

It'd be cool if shaw ended up looking like that after visiting the engineer home world. 

Corporal Hicks

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd love to see. Ridley did himself a disservice moving away from the biomechanical aspect of Giger's designs. That's what truly made the Alien a fantastic design - the subsequent departure from those aspects in the later films lessened the visual awesomeness of the creatures.

I feel the same happened for Prometheus. The rocky/natural appearance of the Engineer structures and the creatures.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Gash on Nov 27, 2014, 08:47:37 PM
The reporter seems to be making the leap that 'dragon' is what Ridley is calling the alien, but much as he had a dig at endless zombie flicks a while back, I took his remarks on dragons to be aimed at Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, maybe Harry Potter...

Ridley was comparing the alien to a "futuristic dragon" back in the time of the Alien interviews, with Ripley in her white suit at the end a white knight

Master

It needs to be a new form if that's really what he's going for. Yes, the Deacon isn't an Alien, but it was conceived in such a way that it was basically an Alien and the basic appearance is the same.

He needs to go for something completely out there - in much the same way as the original Alien was.

pls ridley

Buy...but it was already done in Species.

[cancerblack]

And considering what actually happens in Species, we could get a whole new Canon going by linking it to Prometheus.

Master

Exactly! First one fits very much with Prommy.

Immortan Jonesy

pls ridley

Yes, I also hope to see Shaw converted into a biomechanoid creature. She finds answers to the big questions but while she is possessed by a biomechanical God. And then she begins to see images of the ancient past of the Engineers in her mind, when she is connected with that monstrosity.

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Dec 02, 2014, 12:05:30 AM

pls ridley

Yes, I also hope to see Shaw converted into a biomechanoid creature. She finds answers to the big questions but while she is possessed by a biomechanical God. And then she begins to see images of the ancient past of the Engineers in her mind, when she is connected with that monstrosity.

Good idea, very Lovecraftian.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 01, 2014, 10:44:12 AM
That's exactly the kind of thing I'd love to see. Ridley did himself a disservice moving away from the biomechanical aspect of Giger's designs. That's what truly made the Alien a fantastic design - the subsequent departure from those aspects in the later films lessened the visual awesomeness of the creatures.

I feel the same happened for Prometheus. The rocky/natural appearance of the Engineer structures and the creatures.

And not only this, but Giger's biomechanical sculptures/designs were so evocative and detailed and layered that they implied an eerie backstory in and of themselves.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: orchidal on Dec 02, 2014, 02:46:12 AM

And not only this, but Giger's biomechanical sculptures/designs were so evocative and detailed and layered that they implied an eerie backstory in and of themselves.

I think that you would have to have Giger overseeing the whole thing in order to get that added effect that seemed to create a back story, or at least the one's we've been imagining all this time.

I probably am interested though in the idea of Prometheus 2 playing around with the idea of quantum physics and a holographic universe, and probably the reason that the derelict and the juggernaut as well as their occupants are different but with similarities is because they are from universes parallel to each other but yet still interconnected, and so they merely represent the same thing in our universe of thinking and so they have a certain amount of bleed through between their different realities in the form of their technologies and their ships, as if they are in some way symbols

Gash

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 01, 2014, 11:34:39 AM
The reporter seems to be making the leap that 'dragon' is what Ridley is calling the alien, but much as he had a dig at endless zombie flicks a while back, I took his remarks on dragons to be aimed at Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, maybe Harry Potter...

Ridley was comparing the alien to a "futuristic dragon" back in the time of the Alien interviews, with Ripley in her white suit at the end a white knight

Yes, but given his actual statement 'stop the dragons' 'If I see one more dragon' it looks like it's aimed more at the sudden cultural prevalence of mythical dragons.

[cancerblack]

In all honesty, I read it as a reference to the Alien and similar toothy beasts, but I've seen some good cases made for it meaning literal dragons, and just being poorly edited.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Gash on Dec 03, 2014, 03:26:40 AM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 01, 2014, 11:34:39 AM

Yes, but given his actual statement 'stop the dragons' 'If I see one more dragon' it looks like it's aimed more at the sudden cultural prevalence of mythical dragons.

well, I haven't really bothered to look at too many dragons recently anyway, but I wish to validate the fact that the original alien could be compared to a dragon was always at the back of his mind anyway, whatever set him off with the need to talk about dragons today.

PsyKore

Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 19, 2014, 07:04:45 PM
He sounds like he was a bit drunk... a bit.

Lol, I thought the same. I love his spirit though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed