Ridley Scott sez "Prometheus 2 gets away from Gods and Dragons".

Started by Blacklabel, Nov 19, 2014, 05:07:47 AM

Author
Ridley Scott sez "Prometheus 2 gets away from Gods and Dragons". (Read 53,430 times)

Nightmare Asylum

It really doesn't matter to me whether a capital A Alien shows up, to be honest. I'm just curious to see what direction they spin things in and hope for a tighter film with less logic gaps.

wmmvrrvrrmm

judging by a fairly recent Ridley interview where he mentioned Prometheus, he might be sick of having a snarling monster. Maybe he wants an intelligent alien monster character

JokersWarPig

Eh, not getting my hopes up for anything at all Alien or Prometheus related coming from Scott.

orchidal

The ending to Prometheus is simple yet wide open for possibility...other than Shaw and David going on an intergalactic field trip, I'd prefer they abandon everything else addressed/encountered in Prom 1. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: orchidal on Nov 21, 2014, 02:24:30 AM
The ending to Prometheus is simple yet wide open for possibility...other than Shaw and David going on an intergalactic field trip, I'd prefer they abandon everything else addressed/encountered in Prom 1.

This, they must move on.

ThisBethesdaSea

I also find myself not very excited about a sequel to Prometheus. I'm Star Wars crazy these days....Prometheus resonated, and one day I think it will be seen as a better film then it actually is, if not for the effects alone. The next film is going to have to blow the socks off everything in every way.

T Dog

Found a bit more to the original post in another article. Don't know how reliable it is since it is written in the writer's words and not Ridley's

Scott was asked what the creature looked like and its nature, and the director replied that the composition is very close to the 1979 Alien creature.

Read more: http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/prometheus-2-spoilers-release-date-rumors-ridley-scott-27317#ixzz3KDRLdoYB

If that's true could he be refering to the adult Deacon?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 26, 2014, 10:22:16 PM
Found a bit more to the original post in another article. Don't know how reliable it is since it is written in the writer's words and not Ridley's

Scott was asked what the creature looked like and its nature, and the director replied that the composition is very close to the 1979 Alien creature.

Read more: http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/prometheus-2-spoilers-release-date-rumors-ridley-scott-27317#ixzz3KDRLdoYB

If that's true could he be refering to the adult Deacon?

Ridley Scott said: " The Prometheus "baby" alien was, he concedes, "awfully close to the alien" that tormented Sigourney Weaver. His next one promises to be very different.

Besides Scott promises something new and fresh. Now if I'm wrong and the new monster resembles the original Alien after all, probably will be because of it's biomechanical aspect. But I don't think the new monster is a Xenomorph, or adult Deacon.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

welll, I don't think this ecumenicalnews article makes much sense really anyway. It could well be about "dragoons" for all I know

Corporal Hicks

It needs to be a new form if that's really what he's going for. Yes, the Deacon isn't an Alien, but it was conceived in such a way that it was basically an Alien and the basic appearance is the same.

He needs to go for something completely out there - in much the same way as the original Alien was.

acrediblesource

Did Ridley just f**k with everyone's mind in this article?

Gash

The reporter seems to be making the leap that 'dragon' is what Ridley is calling the alien, but much as he had a dig at endless zombie flicks a while back, I took his remarks on dragons to be aimed at Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, maybe Harry Potter...

Perfect-Organism

It would be nice if they started burning the wick at both ends.  In effect, the movies could go on a Prometheus tangent and also a post-Aliens tangent and then at some point the stories could remerge.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 27, 2014, 09:37:39 PM
It would be nice if they started burning the wick at both ends.  In effect, the movies could go on a Prometheus tangent and also a post-Aliens tangent and then at some point the stories could remerge.

Sounds good to me. Would make things less contrived and would add another dimension to Alien as well as Prometheus. That means that they have to start making Alien movies again, which I doubt. A:R opened up for a new chapter, but people are still stuck and obsessed with the previous one. Does Prometheus have what it takes to tow the Alien franchise and story line back to service or will the next Alien movie(s) be remakes or reboots? :(

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Nov 28, 2014, 04:22:29 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 27, 2014, 09:37:39 PM

Sounds good to me. Would make things less contrived and would add another dimension to Alien as well as Prometheus. That means that they have to start making Alien movies again, which I doubt. A:R opened up for a new chapter, but people are still stuck and obsessed with the previous one. Does Prometheus have what it takes to tow the Alien franchise and story line back to service or will the next Alien movie(s) be remakes or reboots? :(

With time dilation characters from both Prometheus and A:Resurrection (or any Alien films for that matter) could plausibly cross paths...not sure that I'd want that to happen though...there are too many ways to screw that scenario up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed