Ridley Scott sez "Prometheus 2 gets away from Gods and Dragons".

Started by Blacklabel, Nov 19, 2014, 05:07:47 AM

Author
Ridley Scott sez "Prometheus 2 gets away from Gods and Dragons". (Read 53,288 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

via
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/film/angus-sampson-to-host-australian-cinema-and-television-awards/story-e6frg8pf-1227127407562

http://www.scified.com/site/prometheusmovies/ridley-scott-says-prometheus-2-gets-away-from-gods-and-dragons

QuoteREEL Time spoke to Ridley Scott recently about his coming drama Exodus: Gods and Kings, which opens here in two weeks. More of that in The Weekend Australian's Review section this Saturday. The British director, who turns 77 in two weeks, isn't slowing down. He has already begun production on his next film, The Martian, starring Jessica Chastain and Kate Mara, and confirmed he plans the Prometheus sequel, starring Michael Fassbender, at the end of 2015. And his Blade Runner sequel is ready to move. "That's written (and) it's really good." But his Prometheus sequel has him very excited because, he says, "it's fresh" and "getting away from gods and dragons and shit. If I see one more dragon I'm going to shoot myself. Stop the dragons." Rather than a dragon, Scott describes his original Alien as "the definitive dragon and he's a motherf . . ker. The alien's real which is why it's probably one of the scariest monsters in film history," Scott says. "So with Prometheus 2 what I'm trying to do is reintroduce a fresher form of alien in the third act." The Prometheus "baby" alien was, he concedes, "awfully close to the alien" that tormented Sigourney Weaver. His next one promises to be very different.

Stop the Dragons!

SM

Corporal Hicks

Don't suppose anyone subscribes to the Australian? I can't check the source because it's apparently a subscriber only feature and no-one else has posted about this.

bobby brown

Why not make a completely different universe in the first place then?

Corporal Hicks

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Exciting news. So, in the sequel will be not present the Deacon, but rather a new monster? I hope it's true, because if Ridley Scott wants a new real mythology (as he said in his earlier statements), he should avoid links with the xenomorph. But then we have the question of @bobby brown, which makes sense. Anyway I can't wait for Prometheus 2 and also I would like to learn more about Engineers too. :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 19, 2014, 03:28:58 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2014, 02:22:23 PM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/film/angus-sampson-to-host-australian-cinema-and-television-awards/story-e6frg8pf-1227127407562

Here's a none blocked link. The article also mentions Scott is aiming for end of 2015 to start production.

YOU'VE REACHED A SUBSCRIBER-ONLY ARTICLE.

It's doing that to me again. If you Google a piece of the quote and go in via Google it doesn't block you.

Gazz

Just in case the website locks down again, here's the section on the Prometheus sequel in full:

QuoteREEL Time spoke to Ridley Scott recently about his coming drama Exodus: Gods and Kings, which opens here in two weeks. More of that in The Weekend Australian's Review section this Saturday. The British director, who turns 77 in two weeks, isn't slowing down. He has already begun production on his next film, The Martian, starring Jessica Chastain and Kate Mara, and confirmed he plans the Prometheus sequel, starring Michael Fassbender, at the end of 2015. And his Blade Runner sequel is ready to move. "That's written (and) it's really good." But his Prometheus sequel has him very excited because, he says, "it's fresh" and "getting away from gods and dragons and shit. If I see one more dragon I'm going to shoot myself. Stop the dragons." Rather than a dragon, Scott describes his original Alien as "the definitive dragon and he's a motherf . . ker. The alien's real which is why it's probably one of the scariest monsters in film history," Scott says. "So with Prometheus 2 what I'm trying to do is reintroduce a fresher form of alien in the third act." The Prometheus "baby" alien was, he concedes, "awfully close to the alien" that tormented Sigourney Weaver. His next one promises to be very different.

Darkness

Surprised he would give away the third act of the movie like that. Kind of a big spoiler.

T Dog

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 19, 2014, 05:43:24 PM
Surprised he would give away the third act of the movie like that. Kind of a big spoiler.

Was just about to post that.
Thanks for letting us know when we'll see the "new" Alien Ridley.

And he's tired of "Gods" as well? So no more Engineers then either? Fine by me. Hopefully someone else will do a real Space Jockey story one day.

Blacklabel

He sounds like he was a bit drunk... a bit.

FiorinaFury161

Xenoscream

More likely it's the religious overtones he was talking about, i.e. Shaw being a faith spouting God obsessed type. At least I hope so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed