Alien Resurrection - Titan Books

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:47:02 PM

Author
Alien Resurrection - Titan Books (Read 11,075 times)

Corporal Hicks

I don't really get novelizations either. Not unless I really like the film - hence the Aliens/vs/Predator!  :) I do tend to buy the "based on" books like Starship Troopers, Ender's Game, War of the Worlds etc.

I never got the Predator ones. They weren't floating on eBay when I checked.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2015, 12:59:13 PMI never got the Predator ones. They weren't floating on eBay when I checked.

The first one wasn't terribly great, simply because everything they changed by the time it actually got to the screen made the story far better. But I thoroughly recommend the Predator 2 novel. I enjoyed that a lot.

Corporal Hicks

It wont bother me - I'm really curious to see this scientific hunter and telepathic Billy.  :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Haha well yeah, as a book it's perfectly serviceable.

It's just, unlike the other novelisations, I constantly felt like every little difference made the story worse than what I was used to, you know? It felt less like expanding the story and more like taking it a few steps backwards.

Corporal Hicks

I suppose that'll happen when it's based on a unfinished draft though.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 16, 2015, 11:47:36 AM
I really wish they'd done the scene with the cocooned scientists in the film. It makes so much more sense than finding the victims the Betty delivered just lying around on the floor, like they were just left there for a day or two after they burst.

Was this ever in any of the scripts? It's been a long time since I ever read them.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've only read one of the Res script drafts, no idea which one, and it wasn't in that.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Tidy review, pretty much sums up how I feel about the book too.

Off topic, but when I click on "Reviews" at the top (just above the title) to try and get to... wherever you keep all the reviews, it just takes me to a blank page. I'm looking to read the other novel reviews you've posted but I can't seem to find them and the link doesn't take me to a list like I expected!

Corporal Hicks

If you hover over the News tab on the menu, you'll get a dropdown and you can click Reviews from that. Alternatively - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/ It's to do with how the site is structured, I'm afraid. I'll ask D if there's anything we can do.

Glad you agree with it!

Darkness

Darkness

How do you mean "They were referring to themselves in human terms and reading English writing. "? They got smarter in the film which allowed them to escape. Where did they read things?

It never really occurred to me about the chestburster being delayed in Purvis either.

And you know, it actually excites me when I see you using big words like anthropomorphizing. Had to lookup what that meant. Never even heard it before.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on May 12, 2015, 06:51:39 PM
How do you mean "They were referring to themselves in human terms and reading English writing. "? They got smarter in the film which allowed them to escape. Where did they read things?

The Alien POV has them describing themselves as the "perfect organism" and similiar comments from the previous films. They read things through the observation windows and stuff like that. It wasn't exactly a huge part but it was just a little distracting.

QuoteIt never really occurred to me about the chestburster being delayed in Purvis either.

I really liked Purvis in the book. What Crispin put extra into him really worked for me. He actually became more than a face.

The Alien Predator

Now I know what I am going to be reading while I wait for The Rage War.  ;)

Thanks very much for the well written review, Corporal Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You should read them all the novelizations if you haven't already!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2015, 08:29:03 AMIf you hover over the News tab on the menu, you'll get a dropdown and you can click Reviews from that. Alternatively - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/ It's to do with how the site is structured, I'm afraid. I'll ask D if there's anything we can do.

No worries, thanks, now I know where they're hiding.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed