The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 233,420 times)

predxeno

It just occurred to me that the new AVP novel might try to deliberately avoid the subject of the Predalien.  I hope that the Predalien is featured in this story in some way, to me it's one of the staples of the series and it's really tragic that a concept that has been portrayed in so many good stories like AVP1999, AVP2, etc. will be avoided just because of one unpopular title.

Corporal Hicks

I think the lack of PredAlien is more due to story than any attempt to snub the concept. By all accounts, the Rage

Spoiler
find the Aliens as are. As adults. We don't see a Queen in Incursion (I think they might mention one in relation to the colony ships? But as far as that goes we don't actually see any lava form.
[close]

That situation may change and a Queen maybe introduced later on down the line and an opportunity might open up.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 10, 2015, 08:16:34 AM
I think the lack of PredAlien is more due to story than any attempt to snub the concept. By all accounts, the Rage

Spoiler
find the Aliens as are. As adults. We don't see a Queen in Incursion (I think they might mention one in relation to the colony ships? But as far as that goes we don't actually see any lava form.
[close]

That situation may change and a Queen maybe introduced later on down the line and an opportunity might open up.

The prologue implies that the ship Lilliya sabotaged had a queen.

But yeah, you're right. Also
Spoiler
the Fiennes ships were used as "nurseries" for the Rage to fuel their Xenomorph army. And these ships were populated by humans so I doubt that the Rage captured any Yautja, they merely used the Yautja as a target practice.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Again with the f*cking Colonial Marines screenshots! :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

It'd be nice to see some more drawn ones again.

happypred

happypred

I would still like.a better explanation of why these aliens are so dangerous
Spoiler
...they are controlled by androids...and what? How do these aliens deal with 27th century firepower?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Trying to think how to phrase this.

Spoiler
Obviously the auto-destruct upon death gives them an extra edge but I think it's more of a threat in that they are actually being controlled. Not necessarily the Aliens are more of a threat but them being controlled by the Rage makes them combined a threat.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: happypred on Dec 17, 2015, 11:57:36 AMI would still like.a better explanation of why these aliens are so dangerous...
Spoiler
they are controlled by androids...and what? How do these aliens deal with 27th century firepower?
[close]

Dude... Spoilers.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

The Alien Predator

Also, don't forget that

Spoiler
The Rage not only use Aliens as weapons, but send out radiowaves that manipulate people's minds on a very physical level, by transforming some neurons into nanobots and controlling people with subliminal messages.

Such as "illuminate our way", where a scientist that studied Yautja encounters in Earth's history was suddenly turned into a fanatical saboteur out of nowhere just be having received the message.

Many other people turned into saboteurs, some got so deep into the Human Sphere and almost sabotaged a major Colonial Marine base, but they got intercepted and terminated as they wouldn't respond to reason.

The Rage are a very deadly threat.
[close]

I love the cover for book two, although I got it at the back of my novel, as well as the cover for AvP Armageddon.

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Lol it's OK, my own fault for not having read it yet ;D

happypred

Spoiler
The radiowaves seem to be a greater threat
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed