The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 234,049 times)

Perfect-Organism

After opening Alien: River of Pain, I found at the end an advert for Tim Lebbon's upcoming three-part epic "THE RAGE WAR".  Anybody have any further details than the titles?  Below is a listing of the titles from the series.  Technically they're not a part of the Alien: River of Pain story so this isn't a spoiler, but for those of you who don't want to know, I am placing the titles under Spoiler alert protection:

Spoiler

Part One - Predator: Incursion

Part Two - Alien: Invasion

Part Three - Alien vs. Predator: Armageddon

[close]

Coming soon from Titan Books

SM

Interesting.

Spoiler
Looks like a more substantial attempt at an AvP revival.
[close]

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

This is... interesting.

Spoiler
Incursion and Armageddon.. Hmmm..

As much as I like the Yautja concept from the old EU, I hope that they leave that concept out for a couple of these stories and just write them as Predators. Leave the Yautja concept alone, and we should be fine.
[close]

Ultramorph

This is pretty cool.

Spoiler
The Incursion, Invasion, Armageddon has me wondering if this will be a Predators included, post-Sea of Sorrows redo of the Earth Hive story arc. I look forward to hearing more about this as it develops.
[close]

RakaiThwei

Are the Alien books going in that direction? I haven't really had any incentive to read the newer books.

Ultramorph

Spoiler
It's unclear. Sea of Sorrows does end with WY obtaining a host with a gestating xeno queen, as well as dog-alien biotech, so it could definitely go in any number of directions.
[close]

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 18, 2014, 11:56:03 PM
Are the Alien books going in that direction? I haven't really had any incentive to read the newer books.

Not sure, just started reading River, but the ads at the back of the book don't give any indication if this is in fact a continuation.  There is no release date either.  Just, coming soon is all it says...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 19, 2014, 12:04:31 AM
Not sure, just started reading River, but the ads at the back of the book don't give any indication if this is in fact a continuation.  There is no release date either.  Just, coming soon is all it says...

I would think that they could be considering the fact that Fox rebooted 25 years of previous material and continuity and is now keeping a closer eye on tying everything together with the stand alone movies.. AvP movies not withstanding.

However if these stories are stand alone and don't continue from the ALIEN Trilogy books.. Well.. It'll be the same as it was years ago.

SM

The new books are supposed to follow Decker in a post Sea of Sorrows setting.

Spoiler
Which is essentially recreating the setting of Aliens/ Alien3, with the Company having returned and the USM gone under.
[close]

RakaiThwei

Looked up the definition of one of the sub-titles.

Spoiler
Incursion: A hostile entrance into a territory. An entering in or into as an activity or undertaking.

Are we looking at an invasion theme here with Alien and Predator? Looking at the sub-titles.. It sort of possibly suggest this but this could mean anything. Not so sure about Predators becoming invaders though.. Not keen on that.
[close]

Sure, Concrete Jungle sort of.. DID that but I did not really agree with that aspect of the story.

Ultramorph

My thoughts on what the subtitles may indicate:

Spoiler
It's possible that WY starts experimenting with the Xenos and dog-alien tech (ala stuff we've seen in WY Report pages), and this draws the attention of the Predators. Preds hunting WY commandos armed with acid guns, xeno armor, and Xenos tamed with shockers could be fun.

As far as Invasion and Armageddon, I definitely read that as possibly hintig at the Xenos getting loose on Earth. Also, Rage War is clearly a play on "race war," which makes sense given that this seems to be a big AvP reboot.
[close]

RakaiThwei

If you ask me, this is a big reboot.. considering the fact that the Big Deletion and everything (along with everyone) from the old canon seems to be well.. replaced.

Interesting scenario you've presented though.

Corporal Hicks

Perfect could you please post a scan or a picture of the advert please - and the AR novelization. I'd like to get this on the front page.  :)

Perfect-Organism

This whole post is a spoiler for those who don't want to see the ad in the book yet.

Spoiler

Here is the advert for Rage War. 

[close]

Corporal Hicks

Perfect, thanks. I've put it up on the front page.

I don't think you need to worry about spoilers for the titles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed