Will there be a sequel with Amanda Ripley?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Nov 12, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Author
Will there be a sequel with Amanda Ripley? (Read 26,088 times)

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2014, 08:33:15 AM
Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Dec 02, 2014, 02:35:40 AMIn one of the later scripts, but not the shooting script, Aaron goes to meet the WY team when they land, and they gun him down.  This happens in the book.  In the film, Aaron hits the man credited as Bishop II with a wrench, and the WY commandos shoot him in response.  This also happens in the book.

I don't remember that at all, and I read it quite recently. He only dies at the end, like he does in the film.
I was so confident that it was there that I grabbed my copy to look for it.

It's not there.

I have no idea why I thought it was there, but I apologize.  Maybe I'm confusing it with a script I read, but I have weirdly distinct memories of being so confused by Aaron dying twice that I reread the relevant sections long ago.

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 13, 2014, 11:47:54 PM
I wonder if a sequel could set the events of ALIENS into motion. Perhaps Mclaren is a company man from Seegson.
This is what I would like to see, but I don't think it could logically star Amanda. It would be pretty easy to just set the game in Hadley's Hope before the arrival of the Sulaco. Of course the only survivor is Newt, and I think playing the whole game as Newt would get tiresome without any crafting or anything, so I was thinking maybe it could star Newt's mother, and the game could end with her dying whilst defending Newt. Having a little girl with you for the whole game would be an interesting mechanic, perhaps you could leave her in safe places and maybe send her into small vents to do things, maybe even she could be playable in those situations!

Corporal Hicks

With the new book doing just that, I don't see them wanting to re-tread that ground so soon.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2014, 09:28:53 AM
With the new book doing just that, I don't see them wanting to re-tread that ground so soon.
New book eh? I did not know about that!

Anyway, by the looks of things, that book is already out (I assume you're reading it now), and a sequel to Alien Isolation would probably be 2 years away, the books and games are completely separate, with different audiences, and the Alien expanded universe does not have a firm canon. I don't see the problem with retelling that story in 2 years.

Corporal Hicks

There's actually a concerted effort by Fox with the latest set of release - Titan's novels, Dark Horse's Fire and Stone and Isolation - to form a coherent EU. And the Weyland-Yutani Reports are supposed to consolidate that when it comes out. Unless things change soon, I doubt they'd move away from the effort they're putting in now.

What are the chances that a game could take place during that time, and NOT contradict River of Pain?

Corporal Hicks

Potentially. If they didn't follow Newt and it followed the retcon/unknown history brought to light in the novel.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2014, 11:59:07 AM
Potentially. If they didn't follow Newt and it followed the retcon/unknown history brought to light in the novel.
That would be a shame, but I suppose they could still crop up as NPCs. They could do Last Survivor/Crew Expendable style DLC where you could play as Newt or her mother right?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Dec 03, 2014, 12:56:23 AMI have no idea why I thought it was there, but I apologize.  Maybe I'm confusing it with a script I read, but I have weirdly distinct memories of being so confused by Aaron dying twice that I reread the relevant sections long ago.

Hah, no problem. Thanks for clarifying my memory isn't even worse that I thought!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: AvatarIII on Dec 03, 2014, 01:52:14 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2014, 11:59:07 AM
That would be a shame, but I suppose they could still crop up as NPCs. They could do Last Survivor/Crew Expendable style DLC where you could play as Newt or her mother right?

I don't see why not! It's not like the mini-campaigns are 100% anyway. It's just about the experience.  :)

Mr. Clemens

I'd really hope they don't do Hadley's Hope (except maybe as DLC). It's just too familiar for a whole game. Sevastopol was a joy to explore, and I'd like to see more of that newness. Also, I'm sort of surprised by how much enthusiasm there seems to be for playing as Newt on both this and the A:I forums. Who wants to see a six year-old girl get murdered over and over again? Not me, man.  :-\

Gate

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 07, 2014, 03:37:19 PM
I'd really hope they don't do Hadley's Hope (except maybe as DLC). It's just too familiar for a whole game. Sevastopol was a joy to explore, and I'd like to see more of that newness. Also, I'm sort of surprised by how much enthusiasm there seems to be for playing as Newt on both this and the A:I forums. Who wants to see a six year-old girl get murdered over and over again? Not me, man.  :-\
What about redesigning the entire Alien to accommodate for Cameron's warriors?

Keg

I dont want to play as Newt either. Plus like you say its not covering anything new is it. And.I dont think I could handle listening to the irritating little shits high pitched shrieks. God they were awful in Aliens.

HuDaFuK

There were plenty of colonists there besides Newt.

Plus, playing as someone else besides her would at least leave the player's ultimate fate open until the end of the game. Maybe they get away on the Onager.

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 07, 2014, 03:37:19 PM

I wouldn't want to play the whole game as Newt, she obviously would not have crafting skills like Amanda, it would get pretty boring, but a short 30 minute Last Survivor style DLC would be great. Also the game is 1st person so you wouldn't see a little girl get killed, you would see your character getting killed. I'm not even sure if you would even need to make it possible to die as Newt. She survived by hiding I think maybe a mode where you are hiding, witnessing the horrors of the colony being wiped out through vents and stuff, and if you make a noise or do something wrong or too slow, you fail the mission without a death animation, maybe could work,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed