What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 586,049 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Hicks. I know how much it sucks, but least you were prepared

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I hope she passed peacefully, and that you are doing ok. My final surviving grandparent has dementia and it's really sad. Her body is functioning practically great for being almost 90 as well. Very strange how the body works sometimes.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I have a friend who works in mental health and it's terrifying how the mind can dominate the body. Someone can be perfectly healthy but if they suffer a mental illness, they're just completely crippled and unable to live in society. (I should point out he works with patients prone to violence, I realise not all mental health issues are anything like that severe.)

Both my grandfathers had dementia, it's a really horrible thing to see. Perhaps worse than the effect on the individual themselves is the effect it can have on their partners.

I hope you can at least take comfort in the fact she is at peace.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2017, 07:18:56 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on May 28, 2017, 06:41:18 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 28, 2017, 01:43:49 PM
Wont be long now. Mum had to rush into the hospital earlier so I can't imagine it'll be long until my Grandma dies. I went to her house yesterday, just to have a last look around. It was weird. Just remembering those Christmases, those summers. Hell, I could remember that week I spent with her in the summer leading up to AvP's release and the film magazine she brought me with coverage of the film. I can't say I've really had to deal with death but I usually shutdown that part of emotions so it's just strange right now.

Sorry to hear this Hicks. I like I said earlier just be there for her and remember the good times.

Thanks man. Well it happened that night. I learned about it on Facebook of all places. I'm fine, though. I guess because I was expecting it it's not really hit me.

Quote from: Randomizer on May 29, 2017, 04:55:59 PM
My art teacher is smothering any passion I have left. Feels like he ain't there to be honest.

I had the same problem when I was studying film. It's amazing how much your tutors can make a difference.

Sorry to hear about that man. Hang in there and I'm sure things will be okay. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanks guys. We're doing fine.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Uncharted 4 arrived in the mail today... and the son of a bitch has a 12 GB update to download. Either this game is just that massive, or they f**ked up badly to need a patch that big. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think it's just that massive lol.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Had a bilateral dentectomy procedure today, had to be put down for it too. Damn blood everywhere in my mouth all day since. Finally had to take a pain management pill and they sure are strong, to think I have to work tomorrow :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hope it gets better mate. Doesn't sound massively pleasant.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 09, 2017, 08:44:37 PM
Had a bilateral dentectomy procedure today, had to be put down for it too. Damn blood everywhere in my mouth all day since. Finally had to take a pain management pill and they sure are strong, to think I have to work tomorrow :'(
Ouch sounds awful I remember I had a ingrowing toenail and they had to cut it work and then I had to go to work in Rymans the next day. 

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Thank you gents, the sockets are slowly healing and the work day was tough but I made it through ok.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Does anyone know of any other places like Photobucket, that wont charge me for 3rd party hosting on this site?

Yeah that's right Photobucket wants me to pay $400 to use 3rd party hosting, which its been doing for free up till now

PVTDukeMorrison

God I love photobucket

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Imgur is a good image hoster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed