What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 587,666 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks like I'm on my own today.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Having to drive a total of three hours to get a deck spindle for the tractor and oil/oil filters for it. Spending almost 150$ didn't help either. :(

Now comes the oil change (which is a pain in the ass) and getting the deck fixed/put back on (by myself)  >:(

Sozin

Sozin

School is over in a week and I am low on cash for the summer. :(

Randomizer

Randomizer

Same here. I am going to waste ~ 3 months doing so little.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Laufey on May 30, 2015, 08:09:38 AM
School is over in a week and I am low on cash for the summer. :(

Quote from: Randomizer on Jun 01, 2015, 06:09:31 AM
Same here. I am going to waste ~ 3 months doing so little.

See if there's any summer jobs going?

So...had another shit weekend at an organized event. I went to the UK Game Expo this weekend gone. I went last year - but only for a day and only to compete in the Star Trek Attack Wing tournament. I went this year to compete again but me and my mate stayed the weekend so we could have a look around.

So in Star Trek, there's a few different formats you can play. Locally, we play ship pure, which means every card on your ship must match that ships faction. So no Federation on a Borg ship, no Cardassians on a Romulan ship, etc. The format I hate the most is mixed - so you get Picard flying a Reman Warbird, Dukat on a Borg Sphere, etc. I hate the format because it's none thematic, it almost always ends up with the same build a thousand times and it can result in some cheap combinations.  The tournament was mixed.

I went last year and played dirty. I finished 7th. Would have been 5th but the organizer called dice down on time, not finish the round and I didn't get to do my last attack which would have won me the game. Even though I finished top 8, got to compete the bonus round and ultimately went 4 wins, 2 losses, I hated the experience.

This time I decided to go ship pure using a trick fleet that saw me to victory in 2 separate compaigns. I was one of about 3 players who had taken ship pure fleets.

First round I was against the exact kind of standard build that was everywhere during the event. I can't blame him - it's exactly what I expected and exactly why I think the format is boring. The guy didn't know the rules and spent more time arguing with me and being a dick than anything else - the organizer agreed with everything I had explained. He was a horrible person to play. I lost a single ship, no other deaths in the game and lost. That guy went on to come 2nd to last. I was pretty pissed I lost to him.

The next guy I tabled. I didn't lose a single ship. Again, he argued the toss with me on basic fundamental rules of the game that he should have known and was a general dick to me. He ended up coming 2 places above me in the final standings.

Third round was against one of the guys who beat me last year. Ended up losing but I had him down to 1 ship remaining but he had one of the standard super ships left that I just couldn't get through. Was a very close game and enjoyed playing him. He knew what he was doing. I won the 4th round against a guy who was nearly ship pure but I tabled him too, taking no loses. He was a really pleasant guy. I went 2 wins, 2 loses and ended up coming 10th, just out of the top bracket. My buddy who i went with ended 2nd last event, came like 14th or something this time again.

The prize support was completely f**ked up. None of us got the right prizes listed on the website. The scenario wasn't what we'd been told and prepared for. Don't think I'm going next year as it looks like pure doesn't do well against mixed and it's just not fun to play. I like to have fun whilst I play. Not play the same boring crap. And I appreciate none of you will really know or care about this game but I needed to vent and to vent about the horrid players I played against in the first 2 games as I didn't want to complain on the Attack Wing boards.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh and I also didn't get my copy of the AvP Board Game despite being told there was plenty left. I think I missed out by about half an hour. Not overly pissed as I'll just get my copy when they're ready to go for everyone but still disappointed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

When people use a mix of completely wrong terminology in their Helpdesk requests and I'm baffled as to what they actually want help with.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Took me ages to get to sleep last night. I feel it now. So tired.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So Bill Paxton is heading to a convention here in the UK next month. £45 for a photo, £45 for autograph! That's £90 just for the usual photo and autograph. That'd normally cost you £30-40!!!!! And I normally get 2 autographs, one on my AvPG poster and one on their Aliens/Predator CCG. I really don't think I'll be able to afford this.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can't focus today.  :-\

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Tired. Irritable. Want to lash out.. But can't.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 09, 2015, 07:02:09 PM
Tired. Irritable. Want to lash out.. But can't.

Find some sort of (legal and non violent) outlet for yourself.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just got outbid in the last 3 seconds for a super rare Flash for Dice Masters on eBay.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Studying for Global Security exam is doing my head in  :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 12, 2015, 11:01:56 AM
Studying for Global Security exam is doing my head in  :(

Global security? What does that entail?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed