Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,660 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)/ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017) IMAX 3D

Went and saw the Double bill last night with the Midnight Screening of Vol 2. Was absolutely fantastic. The visuals popped, the music was great and what a story. The Trailers say almost nothing of what goes on in the film and man does that help. I just absolutely loved it and with both back to back, it does feel like one story.

Kurt Russell is brilliant as always and some great Easter Eggs. A fantastic addition to the MCU

Prez

Prez

Switch.

Wow. Great tense film and THAT ending!!!

M. Night Shamalyan is back!

Spoiler
Amazing cheeky sequel to Unbreakable. Now bring on the final act in the trilogy with Mr Glass!
[close]

Scorpio

Scorpio

Total Recall (2012)
King Arthur (2004)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Beauty and the Beast (2017)
Wow, just wow. This film was wonderful. Some spot on casting (Luke Evans you bounder lol) and some of the changes to the story actually sorted out some mild inconsistencies in the original animated film. Although Ewan McGregor is no Jerry Orbach lol

A Million Ways to Die in the West
Not as bad as i remembered, some great gags that i missed first time around

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Tale of Zatoichi
The Tale of Zatoichi Continues

Both very good samurai flicks, even if the first makes you wait for the action and the second literally ends mid-scene. The second also showed me a fight between Zatoichi and (more or less) Itto Ogami, so it earns bonus points for that. :)

Blood Warrior

Blood Warrior

I'm watching AVP right now.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

New Tale of Zatoichi

Another fun entry, with the drama kicking into high gear. It's pretty amazing how many facets Zatoichi's character has, in just three movies. I do wish the final duel had a bit more to it, though.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Straw Dogs (2011) 5/10
Piranha (2010) 6/10
G.I. Joe:  Rise of Cobra (2009) 6/10
Justice League vs Teen Titans (2016) 6/10

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (Extended Edition, viewed last weekend)

I could on and on about how disorganized this was from the book, but, it Is a movie. Still an awesome movie, with the battle scenes being the best from all three films imo.

9/10

The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of the King (Extended Edition)

I remember hoping how this was going to be the greatest of the three back in 2003, keep wishing. I think what rattles me the most is
Spoiler
where The Two Towers ends in the book is almost 3/4 into this film (Frodo is taken by the enemy). Also, waltzing through Mordor never happened. It was pure torture and ultra slow, also Frodo and Sam were naked. Additionally, Saruman goes to the Shire and takes over (for the most part), not being murdered by Grima Wormtongue on top of Orthanc. So the hobbits had to take back the Shire from "Sharku" (old man), marking a battle post-Mordor downfall.
[close]
Like TTT, a great movie nonetheless, but miles away from the book's contents. The extended edition's scenes (especially with The Army Of The Dead) are at points it's redeeming quality.

8/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Beauty and The Beast (2017) (Again)
My friend hadnt seen it, so we went to the Portsmouth Vue cinema. She loved it and so did I. I noticed a few bits i hadnt before, like a few running moments and the fact the Majority of the cast was British lol. (Thats mainly because I didnt realise some of them were lol)

Demolition Man
Still so much fun, but i really want to see an extended version now with all the missing subplots and scenes

Kill Bill Volume 1
Just brilliant

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Alien: Covenant :P

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 09, 2017, 04:41:22 PM
Alien [emoji89]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Anyone's face melt from looking at it for too long? ;)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Lucky! Hope it was good and satisfying.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

James Gunn has pulled it off again. The first two acts are a bit clunky,with maybe a few too many plot elements in play, but it all pays off wonderfully. It also features one of Marvel's best villains so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed