Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 830,724 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Sep 21, 2017, 11:33:02 AM...it's part of the family.

:laugh: Reading that gave me a mental flash of Ridley Scott doing a Siggy impression and saying, "I'm the monsters's mother."

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 21, 2017, 11:35:57 AM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 21, 2017, 11:33:02 AM...it's part of the family.

:laugh: Reading that gave me a mental flash of Ridley Scott doing a Siggy impression and saying, "I'm the monsters's mother."

It's like me saying ... "Covenant is a turd at times but dammit it's my turd" ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And the blowholes are like, varying.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

"How do you grow Potatoes?"

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

"Preservation" 4/5

A film about a man, his wife and his army vet brother going out deer hunting only to be hunted themselves, by a group of masked killers...

It was a decent flick, although the third act wasn't as fulfilling as I'd hoped it'd be it is still a decent ending none the less.

"Final Girl" 4/5

A movie about a teen girl who was a orphaned at a young age and then raised to be an assassin who trains to hunt and kill serial killers all over the country side, a very interesting movie
Abigail Breslin did a decent job as the main antagonist but you could tell she wasn't as well trained for the fight choreography as she could have been but still she did a passable job.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Puppet Master 4: The Demon

Definitely a comedown from the third one. It feels like barely anything happened, and there's this annoying guy who looks like Ben Affleck did in Mallrats and doesn't die until over halfway into the film.

Russ

Russ

Django Unchained.

I'm not the biggest Tarantino fan, but I have to say that I really loved this movie.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Cowboys and Aliens
Hmm was okay. A good concept but its just a standard action flick in the end with a new setting

Speed
So much fun this. Its great every time i see it

American Assassin
A very violent and bloody action film. Scott Adkins is wasted by Micheal Keaton is brilliant. Could be the start of a franchise

Ravenous
I hadnt seen this film in ages. Such a great film. And quite a diverse cast as well

RED
Always fun. John Malkovich steals the film

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2017, 12:18:15 PMAmerican Assassin
A very violent and bloody action film. Scott Adkins is wasted by Micheal Keaton is brilliant. Could be the start of a franchise

I was really shocked when the trailers rated that one 18 in the UK. It takes quite a lot to get that rating these days and they almost always opt to cut it for a 15 in that situation. Definitely hoping to see it some time!

Prez

Prez

Legend (1985).

As fantasy films go this whole film feels like a weird dream. I've read about some of Scott's more darker suggestions for the film - glad they didn't go ahead with them. That said it still is a somewhat darker fairytale film.

Visually it's stunning at times. Oddball but enjoyable.

Meg Mucklebones is still as creepy as I remember her as a kid back in the 80s.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2017, 12:28:46 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2017, 12:18:15 PMAmerican Assassin

I was really shocked when the trailers rated that one 18 in the UK. It takes quite a lot to get that rating these days and they almost always opt to cut it for a 15 in that situation. Definitely hoping to see it some time!

I think you may enjoy it. I was surprised as well, the Trailers didn't hint at the violence. So I expected a standard 15

Wind River
I expected a American Crime Thriller based on the trailer, but got a completely different type of film. And it was all the better for it.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 25, 2017, 12:18:15 PM

Ravenous
I hadnt seen this film in ages. Such a great film. And quite a diverse cast as well

Me neither, I can't remember at thing about it. But I DO remember it was late at night and I was a little freaked out by it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

The overall consensus I've seen seems to be that this isn't as good as the first, but to be perfectly honest I enjoyed it just as much as The Secret Service. It obviously didn't have the added element of surprise that the first movie had, but I thought the action sequences were generally better this time around (that awesome church scene from the first notwithstanding), the soundtrack was stellar, Julianne Moore was clearly having a ball as the villain, her doomsday plot was again curiously thought-provoking and all the new American Statesmen characters were great. Colin Firth's return was handled well, better than I expected actually, giving him a chance to do some genuine acting. I also loved that
Spoiler
Eggsy's training rival from the first film returned as the villain's cybernetically-enhanced henchman. Not only was it a neat link to the first movie, it really reminded me of Comrade Bionic Barry from Archer, and reminding me of Archer is only ever a good thing :laugh:
[close]

So much fun. Hope they do another as there was a good set-up for the future at the end, would love to see this turned into an ongoing franchise. They may be comedies, but they recall so much of the over-the-top fun that the Bond series used to have in the 70s and 80s, something that franchise has lost in the last decade, and it's great to see it back.

Oh yeah, and Elton John is in this and is genuinely awesome and I'm being deadly serious about that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Disappointed in this. There are some solid action bits, and the middle once Statesmen finally makes its appearance is pretty good, but that's about it. The first act is a jumbled mess, focused way too much on the pointless romantic subplot (which keeps f**king coming), which feels like it's only there to appease the whiny crybabies who bitched about the last movie's ending. And the irritating, unfunny, stupid as hell political/social satire in the third act is just crap. And why even bother bringing Harry back if he's going to barely do anything other than hallucinate butterflies and look like a chump in the bar scene? Boggles the mind. Also, this is the second movie this year with a bizarre, out of nowhere John Denver fascination.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Gladiator Extended Cut - masterpiece

It!  The Terror From Beyond Space - the first 'monster on a spaceship' movie (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).  Really dated but it's only about an hour and 9 minutes so worth checking out.

Planet of the Apes (1968)

The Elephant Man

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed