Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,706 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Tall T (1957)
A good western starring Randolph Scott

Randomizer

Randomizer

Gods of Egypt (2016)

Shiny. Shiny gold. Tons of shiny gold.

7.1/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead

I liked this one, too. The last ten minutes kind of went off the deep end, though. Like, really. :laugh:

Phantasm IV: Oblivion

Huh.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deadpool

"It is not boy band!"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

X-Men : Apocalypse (2016)

Screamers (1995)

Prey (1977)

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Captain America: Civil War (2016) - 7/10
X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) - 8/10

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I'm curious to know what y'all thought of X-Men: A. I've heard mixed reviews, ranging from very good to not good at all... Is it worthwhile to see in theater or should I wait to Redbox it?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I say definitely go to the cinema to see it. Some scenes have some fantastic visuals that deserve to be seen on the big screen.

I did actually enjoy it. Sure some characters where underused and one was really wasted, but all in all, it was a great third film in the new timeline and sets up a couple of routes for future X-men and spin-off films

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Vanilla Sky

Huh, interesting. I didn't see any of that coming. Also, Cameron Diaz is genuinely f**king creepy in it.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Saw X-Men: Apocalypse last night.

It's a bit of a mess, feels painfully overlong, with a bloated CG shot quota, and feels like they tried to cram too much into it. But still just about worth watching, as the art design, cinematography and casting are all pretty strong.

Two cast members in particular: Oscar Isaac is unrecognisable as Apocalypse, I spent the whole movie trying to figure out who he was. Ended up fairly certain they'd exhumed Marlon Brando.
Sophie Turner's transformed too. Absolutely flawless American accent, played very differently to Sansa Stark.

Anyway. It's better than Wolverine, roughly on par with First Class (there are also a LOT of plot ties to that movie, so might be worth watching it beforehand).

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Star Trek (2009) - 6/10
Deadpool (2016) - 8/10
Batman Begins (2005) - 9/10

Randomizer

Randomizer

Warcraft (2016)

Somewhat cliche and cartoony-looking characters (compared to CGI headed to a realistic look), the Warcraft movie is off to a good start. Even without Arthas, I'm positive for a sequel.

7.7/10

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

8.2/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Gods of Egypt (2016).
OMG this was awful. A poorly written CGI-fest and the composite of actors onto the CGI just didnt gel. The best bits were Ra vs Apophis and anytime Chadwick Boseman appeared.

Independece Day - Extended Edition (1996).
I remember seeing ID4 when it first came out and i really enjoyed it. I loved this extended cut as well, with the few extra scenes and a couple of extra sub plots. It was a fantastic mix of early CGI, Model work and practical effects. And many people still laughed at alot of the jokes :)

Independence Day - Resurgence (2016).
Now i did enjoy this and it looked great in 3D and also the mix of Live Action people and CGI effects looked so SO much better than Gods of Egypt. I only have a few minor qubbiles. All but two of the deaths in the film had no emotional impact for me, they just seemed to happen. The Aliens were pure CGI now, rather than the mix of Practical suits and effects from the first one and it moved alot faster than the first one, even though it was almost the same length, there was very little build.I think that was only a problem, because i saw it straight after the first one mind.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

House of 1000 Corpses 7.5/10

First time watching this all the way through, much better as a whole than in pieces. Gonna watch Devil's Rejects soon. Looking forward to 31. Busted out my Slayer/Rob Zombie 2011 Hell on Earth tour shirt, I'm glad I bought this thing.

Nostromo

Nostromo

X-MEN: Apocalypse (2016) 7/10
Independance Day: The Resurgance 4.9/10
The Shallows 4.7/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed