Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,727 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on May 04, 2016, 07:15:12 PM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on May 04, 2016, 04:19:24 PM
Keanu

So this is basically a Key and Peele episode stretched out into a full 2 hour long movie. And that is in no way, shape, or form a bad thing. The chemistry these two have together on screen is perfect, and I'm pretty sure I did not stop laughing the entire time. The cat is also one of the most adorable things you'll ever see. Definitely go see it.
I like their show, so I am glad to hear it was good! I am glad that they love George Michael's "Freedom 90" too!
Spoiler
Did they do any sound off names in it? Aka the football players' names? :D
[close]
Oh yeah, I won't spoil anything but at one point they need gang names, hilarity ensues

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on May 04, 2016, 07:54:35 PM
Keanu

So this is basically a Key and Peele episode stretched out into a full 2 hour long movie. And that is in no way, shape, or form a bad thing. The chemistry these two have together on screen is perfect, and I'm pretty sure I did not stop laughing the entire time. The cat is also one of the most adorable things you'll ever see. Definitely go see it.
I like their show, so I am glad to hear it was good! I am glad that they love George Michael's "Freedom 90" too!
Spoiler
[close]
Oh yeah, I won't spoil anything but at one point they need gang names, hilarity ensues
OMG I must see this movie now! Looks like I got plans for Saturday night afterall! :D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on May 04, 2016, 09:40:17 PM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on May 04, 2016, 07:54:35 PM
Keanu

Spoiler
[close]
OMG I must see this movie now! Looks like I got plans for Saturday night afterall! :D
The movie was fantastic. 'nough said. :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Well that was f**ked up.

Watchmen - Director's Cut

8)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Terminal Velocity

Quite an enjoyable Charlie Sheen film, back when they were giving him some action stuff to do

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

One of the stronger entries into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  The heroes on display are all well written and acted, the action is fun, and there are plenty of emotional moments between certain characters to warrant this film as a must see immediately.  The only issues I had is the presentation of the Civil War concept, another unmemorable villain, and the film ties everything in such a strong knot that there are little to no consequences that comes from the events of the film.

4/5

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Wanted

With James McAvoy and Morgan Freeman. I hadn't actually watch this in so long and i didnt realise that it was Chris Pratt playing the dickish best mate. Lol mini Professor X vs Peter Quill showdown lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

An American Werewolf in London

"Queen Elizabeth is a man!" :laugh:

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Moon 44 (1990)

Been a couple years since I seen this (again). The first time I seen it was back in the mid 90s on SciFi (really miss those days of quality SciFi channel). It really didn't sink in that Roland Emmerich directed this movie until I seen his name in the opening credits! Weird eh? The film is set in 2038 (seems so distant lol), as the last Mining Federation planet is under threat to be destroyed by drone attacks. An insider at the MF is called upon to investigate the planet and is accompanied by prison inmates to be fighter pilots. The only people on the planet are overseeing the mining operations and act as "the seeing eyes" for the pilots fighting the drones. We even have a Malcolm McDowell acting as the planet's manager/overseer.
Here is a much broader plot explanation:
Spoiler
Also...
Spoiler
The one guy who gets, um, special attention from one of the prisoners, is ULTRA cute! :D
[close]
Anyway, the acting is so-so, the writing is ok, the story is bad (in a good way) but the real gems of the film are the backgrounds and setting art. I really wish I could find some other 80s/90s (ONLY) movies that have this kind of feel to them, both setting and background wise.

film overall: 5/10
backgrounds/setting: 10/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Bullet to Beijing.
Either the third or fourth Harry Palmer film

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
Not the final ViewAskew movie lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hush (2016)

Pretty solid horror/thriller film, with a decent enough gimmick and great acting and directing.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Almost Famous

Makes me wish I grew up in the seventies

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Numbers Station (2013)

An okay British set thriller starring John Cusack and Malin Akerman. I thought they might have gone the creepypasta route, but really it was just a by the books thriller in the end

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Killing Them Softly (2012)

I actually really liked this one, but it felt like things were missing or not developed quite enough, probably due to an hour being cut out by the studio. Still, the acting and dialogue were top notch, and Brad Pitt's final monologue was dynamite. It helps solidify Andrew Dominik as one of my favorite fillmmakers, shame he hasn't made more.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lincoln

Wow. I loved this movie, like a lot. Daniel Day-Lewis was amazing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed