A mystery to be discussed (Spoiler filled topic)

Started by Space7Horror, Oct 28, 2014, 07:32:56 PM

Author
A mystery to be discussed (Spoiler filled topic) (Read 4,932 times)

Space7Horror

I know this is being discussed in other topics but I thought it could use its own. Okay so I know the game is meant to focus on the first Alien movie, but there are no signs of eggmorhoing present in the game.  The whole hive sequence got me thinking of multiple scenarios to how it started.  Marlows wife gets facehugged and carrys the first alien with her, I assume after that this alien eggmorphed a few people or one, creating a queen egg that would then produce a queen to start creating more eggs for all the people on the station. This is what I thinked happened, But then theres the fact that there was a facehugger on marlows ship which dosent make much sense so where did that come from? Anybody have and solid theroies to how the hive started and the lone facehugger?

saintssinphony

When you get to Marlow's ship Ripley says she thinks a parasite hitched a ride with her aboard her space ambulance.  I believe this to be the facehugger you find on his ship. 
As to how the hive started Im not even opening that can of worms.  I hope some DLC will tell us.

Glaive

Isn't it easier to assume that Foster's chestburster was a Queen facehugger and stayed alive/recovered to try and implant for drones?

Maybe not...

saintssinphony

Ripley says to Ricardo i think one of those parasites rode with me.  Something to that extent anyway.  I just figured when the facehugger came at you this was that parasite.  Otherwise why have that line in the script.  It's foreshadowing to make you stay on your toes as you check out Marlow's ship.  This is the way I interpret the situation. 
Untill I see an actual Queen Facehugger like in Alien 3 I'm not going to assume there's one running around.  Same goes for an Alien Queen.

Glaive

I agree with you...I'm just trying to work out what the devs were thinking...

I think it's a case of 'having your cake AND eating it'...

saintssinphony

I really would like to know what the devs thought too.  I thought it was confusing and found it one of the parts of the game narrative I didnt like.  Theres just some tbrow away line about a parasite then you get attacked by it when you go in that room then nothing else.  I would have liked a few more to fight or to have to escape the facehugger without weapons or something.  It just seemed silly to me and concusing because is it tbe original one Marlow's crew found or what.  I only figured it out on my second playthrough.

Space7Horror

I must have not heard the part when she said that about the parasite but at least that clears that up.  As for the hive hopefully the devs do say something, but until then I'm going with eggmorphing to get a queen egg leading to the hive scenario.

Xhan

There's no evidence of morphing or queen anything, and probably deliberate to irateion gyrations.

Space7Horror

I rewatched some videos of people playing the hive level and there are some humans that instead of being cocooned to the wall with their face looking foward to get facehuugged there are some that are curled up in a fetal like postion on the ground which could possibly be a hint towards eggmorphing.

robbritton

robbritton

The first facehugger we are on Russ Jorden is just the bog standard variety, yet we know a queen turns up later. It's perfectly reasonable to assume the same thing has happened on the Sevastopol, and we just don't see the queen in the game. It's just following the lore as set by Aliens, but not showing us the whole hive.

ClockworkHorror

Although not everyone has read it, the comic has quite a big reveal about the whole egg laying thing. Poor Meeks.

Keg

Regarding the facehugger on Marlows ship. I didnt hear Ripley mention that she thinks a parasite was on the ambulance with her. On my second playthrough I made a point of listening out for her saying this to Ricardo but I never heard her say anything like that at all. Im playing on PS4. Could it be a glitch where the audio sometimes doesnt kick in? Some people claim this is what she said and others like myself have never heard it. Any videos on youtube where you hear her say it?

Xenoscream

Quote from: ClockworkHorror on Nov 08, 2014, 04:28:24 AM
Although not everyone has read it, the comic has quite a big reveal about the whole egg laying thing. Poor Meeks.

Do tell

Keg

Yup do tell. Spoiler it if you need to incase people dont want to know.

Valaquen

There's no egg morphing in the game. The devs said back in February (in an article I wrote for AVPG) that they wouldn't be doing it since only the more hardcore fans know about it, and a good deal of fans and casuals know about the Queen and they don't want to throw those folks off by appealing to a deleted scene.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed