Sales

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Oct 22, 2014, 02:00:25 AM

Author
Sales (Read 58,002 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Jan 21, 2015, 10:33:09 PM
Still waiting for my FREE copy to compensate for my purchase of A:CM

You're not gonna buy a good game, because you bought a bad game? Think about that for a minute.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nothing is going to come of that ACM debacle. Do yourself a favour, buy Isolation and be reminded Alien games don't have to suck.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

congratulations to all who were involved in making Alien Isolation and a big big thank you for making the infamous Alien frightening again!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I still yet to buy this game  :-[ .

Ash 937

Ash 937

It's really unfortunate that Alien Isolation was released on the heels of one of the most critically panned games ever released for the franchise. 

An anecdote -
When Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning was released, it did so on the heels of Part 4 (ironically called The Final Chapter) and had one of the strongest openings in the franchise's history up to that time.  Unfortunately, Part 5 was not a strong film and it proceeded to quickly bomb after its initial opening.  This left a lot of F14 fans with a bad taste in their mouth and many of them abandoned the franchise. 

BUT...F14 Part 6: Jason Lives turned out to be a VERY strong film but because of Part 5's poor overall quality, it had a weak opening and slowly built it's way up to becoming a fan favorite in the series. 

I see Alien: Isolation a lot like Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives .  The doubters should seriously give the game a chance.  It's great!!!
::)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 22, 2015, 08:35:10 PM
I still yet to buy this game  :-[ .

Get yourself down to your game shop and get it then!

Vertigo

Vertigo

Step 1: Open Steam.
Step 2: Press a few buttons.
Step 3: Play the best Alien game in at least 13 years, and arguably ever.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

People need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that this is one of the greatest games ever made. Certainly one of the best haunted house games ever. Hell, I'd wager the best. Certainly the best sound design and overall production values.

Play it, haters!

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Good for them.

If only they would do a proper expansion or story based dlc, we want more!

Keg

Keg

I'd much rather have a 4 hour expansion than a sequel to be honest unless they can shake it up enough so a sequel doesnt feel like another 20 hours of the same thing. Having said that when the game ended i could have happily played on for hours and hours so i definately wasnt bored like alot were after 20 hours. I can often sit and play a game for 4,5 or 6 hours, longer if ive got bugger all to do and im hungover so i can get through this in 3 or 4 sittings no bother now. I think because its not scripted that helps because if you literally knew when and where the alien would be, after 1 or 2 playthroughs it wouldnt be enjoyable to keep replaying it.

Anyway getting off topic. Hopefully it continues to sell and we do see more of Isolation from CA in whatever form.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Pretty nice sales number. I didn't believed they can reach that high. I guess the media did its job.

vikingr

vikingr

I'm really happy that they're successful with this game, because I love it and would love a sequel as well.

The setting has a great potential and Creative Assembly seem to got much interest in a sequel.

I also would like to see a shooter from CA, because I think they got the required skills to develop a better A:CM (which I like).

WinterActual

WinterActual

I certainly hope the sequel is THIS TIME ITS WAR, ACM style game but properly done.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 24, 2015, 05:29:36 PM
I certainly hope the sequel is THIS TIME ITS WAR, ACM style game but properly done.

There is no denying that this franchise can be on par with the Halo's of the gaming world. We just need a developer that cares enough to make the game on a large budget.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 24, 2015, 05:29:36 PM

Ha... that makes me think: Alien Isolation's tagline could have been, "This time it's NOT war."  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed