Alien Isolation DLC: Corporate Lockdown

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 21, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

Author
Alien Isolation DLC: Corporate Lockdown (Read 48,182 times)

Corporal Hicks

Creative Assembly have announced the first of five Survivor DLC additions, to be released on the 28th of October:

“In 'Corporate Lockdown', you step in to the shoes of Ransome, a Seegson Executive. On discovering that he's been abandoned by his paymasters and aware that the Torrens is on the way, he decides to hitch a ride and escape, taking with him valuable decoded Nostromo data.

Before he does this, however, there are still a few loose ends he wants to tidy up…

Across three new challenging, tense and terrifying maps, 'Severance', 'Scorched Earth' and 'Loose Ends', you'll be pitted against other players on our online leaderboards.

Will you escape the station in the fastest time possible? Or achieve the highest score with the side quests and hidden bonus objectives to claim the elevated top positions?

New to 'Corporate Lockdown' is also Gauntlet Mode. You'll be challenged to top the Gantlet Mode leaderboards by completing all three challenge maps back to back – without dying. Will you succeed?”

211014_01 Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

It sounds as if Corporate Lockdown is composed of three actual maps and somehow features a narrative to go along with it. I’ll be very curious to see how this works out. For those interested in the Alien Isolation DLC, a season pass can also be purchased.

Seegson

Its gonna be epic...cant wait

LastSurvivor92

awesome. Can't wait! I'm curious to see who will raise to the top of the leaderboards lol.

SuicideDoors

Fiorina 161 plz

Taxemic

Sounds good.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 21, 2014, 03:23:22 PM
Fiorina 161 plz
That's 50 years in the future. There's not going to be dlc with that setting

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 21, 2014, 04:15:21 PM
Fiorina 161 plz

Don't see why not, it's obviously a very old facility according to the visuals in the third film.

PsyKore

Hmm, I'm a bit hesitant with this DLC. I was interested at the start when I read you could play as other characters, which made me think we might get a sort of side-campaign to the main game. But then at the end it just sounds like glorified survivor maps. I think it might be a bit lazy. I don't really care about finishing a map in 55 seconds....

Hudson

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 21, 2014, 04:19:52 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 21, 2014, 04:15:21 PM
Fiorina 161 plz

Don't see why not, it's obviously a very old facility according to the visuals in the third film.

Don't see why not? Because the aesthetic of the game is Alien, not Alien 3, and Creative Assembly is just simply not going to do it, so people shouldn't get their hopes up. It really is that simple.

As far as what's actually happening, this sounds cool. Ransome seems like a huge dick from the audio recordings and I like the idea of him being a central character. I also like how they're adding more story elements into the DLC. Cool stuff.

Tomar

Sounds really good. I hope to see a bit more of the story ;).

I can not wait for the other dlcs with probably more story content ;).

Finally i just hope that its as well made as the main story was, so no loopholes or other aspects that made it hard to believe but i have high hopes in all dlc packs and CA of course ;).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 21, 2014, 05:05:51 PM
Don't see why not? Because the aesthetic of the game is Alien, not Alien 3.

Yet, they took plenty of "inspiration" from Alien 3, Goldenthale-esque music & cues and many of the Alien's movements and sound effects. Plenty of more subtle references as well.

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 21, 2014, 05:05:51 PM
..and Creative Assembly is just simply not going to do it, so people shouldn't get their hopes up. It really is that simple.

Even if it was Creative Assembly's lead designer who got their hopes up in the first place?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2014, 06:42:18 PM
Oh, I would love it if there was an Alien 3 DLC. Gary Napper mentioned his desire to do one at EGX Birmingham.

Le Celticant

There's a gap between sounds (and animations but HEY! they took animations from every movie and previous video game we could say so who really care...) and an entirely design set that needs thousands of mesh that are absolutely NOT in the original game.

Plus there's 0 reason apart fan service to put Fiorina 161 back.  ::)

Nightlord

Looks like this list is correct after all.

You can forget about going anywhere but Sevastopol, unless these do super well and Sega decides to make more dlc.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 21, 2014, 08:05:29 PM
...and an entirely design set that needs thousands of mesh that are absolutely NOT in the original game.

Wonder how Gearbox managed to create the ACM Fiorina and Nostromo DLC then? Mmmm...  ???

ikarop

They outsourced it. Plus it didn't look that great. It was cool tho.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed