Question about Samuels I have after beating the story...(spoilers)

Started by Adam802, Oct 17, 2014, 01:52:04 AM

Author
Question about Samuels I have after beating the story...(spoilers) (Read 5,139 times)

Adam802

Beat the game today and holy shit wow, prob the best alien game ever imho. But I have some questions I was wondering..

1. Does Amanda or anyone else know Samuels is an android? Are WE supposed to know? Bc when it's "revealed" Waits just mentions in in offhand dialogue and Amanda doesn't really act surprised.

And also, why would W-Y send an android NOT programmed to secure the alien, and was Samuels or Taylor at all aware of the alien before arriving?  Bc Taylor sounds like she knew...

Cal427eb

Quote from: Adam802 on Oct 17, 2014, 01:52:04 AM
Beat the game today and holy shit wow, prob the best alien game ever imho. But I have some questions I was wondering..

1. Does Amanda or anyone else know Samuels is an android? Are WE supposed to know? Bc when it's "revealed" Waits just mentions in in offhand dialogue and Amanda doesn't really act surprised.
Obviously. You should have been able to tell from the very beginning. It wasn't a reveal.

Adam802

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 17, 2014, 01:54:10 AM
Quote from: Adam802 on Oct 17, 2014, 01:52:04 AM

Obviously. You should have been able to tell from the very beginning. It wasn't a reveal.

Oh I knew, but it's never explicitly stated so I was wondering if the game wanted us to know or not

Cal427eb

You were supposed to know.

Xhan

Spoiler
1. People, no

2. You, yes

The player is liberally beat about the head and face with innuendo.

NAW NIGGA SLEEP IS FO THE WEAK

NAW NIGGA STABBIN FOOS IS NOT THE WAY OF MY PEOPLE, I MEAN UHH DON'T TALK ABOUT HEADBITE CLUB

NAW NIGGA YOU DONE SHOT MY FACE *white stuff*

GET THAT NIGGA SAMUELS TO TALK TO APOLLO HE KNOWS LIKE VOODOO N SHIT *strangling noises*

They pretty much spell it out unilaterally.
[close]

Adam802

Yeah I suppose. It's just in the beginning scene he's like " I work for the company" and " when this job came across my desk". Just seemed like he was acting human like an android wouldn't say those things. Sounded like the game was trying to make him look human. Idk

Xhan

It's simply a call-back, same way that the Joes do the running in place thing when they wake up.

Jango1201

The whole android big reveal has been done so many times before. It was refreshing that he wasn't a plot twist.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. I loved that it wasn't a big deal and that they just told us off-handedly. I imagine by that point they're pretty common place.

Seegson

"I dont have to sleep as much as the rest of us" 

Pretty obvious since the beggining

markweatherill

It's obvious right from the start that Samuels is either gay, or an android. I was expecting one or the other. If it had been both he'd have sounded like C3PO so I knew it wasn't both.

Darkness

I must admit I didn't realise he was an android until after I had finished the game and looked online.

Corporal Hicks

...even as he was plugging himself into the mainframe?

Darkness

No, I wondered what that was all about.

Either I don't pay attention or the story is pretty thin on the ice.

Corporal Hicks

Its the first option xD it was blatantly obvious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed