Prometheus: The Lesser Known Deleted and Alternate Scenes

Started by xeno_alpha_07, Oct 13, 2014, 03:58:01 PM

Author
Prometheus: The Lesser Known Deleted and Alternate Scenes (Read 16,586 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

@xeno_alpha_07, from 1: 10 of the following video:

Take a look and you will see a scene that appears to show the Elder Engineer talking with the sacrifice Engineer.

Also (in the same video) there is another version of the mutant Fifield rising, but not as the version that appears in the extras section...

but rather as in this photo:

And a little more about last engineer:

And what appears to be unused viral marketing, showing Weyland at its colony on Mars:

There is also a scene showing small spheres leaving the interior of the Prometheus, while the ship is in the space. Is this fan made? or authentic?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Thanks Crazy Shrimp.  Going to add the elder engineer talking.

EDIT:

Added some cut dialogue between Millburn & Fifeild.

Blacklabel

I wonder how long was the assembly cut of this film...

whiterabbit

Why did they have to cut so much of the engineer footage, especially all of their speeches. Kind of feel robbed to be honest. :P

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

Elder Engineer speak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCY8Fb1KI4#ws

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Oct 18, 2014, 05:01:55 PM
@xeno_alpha_07, from 1: 10 of the following video:

What comes out of the ship in the second minute??

SM

Probes I guess.

Lord Freezer

I don't remember this deleted scene, and I don't understand this cut  :-\

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Lord Freezer on Oct 19, 2014, 12:59:10 PM

Some stuff, such as the probe, was added by the editor.

Youtube comment:

QuoteBTW that scene isnt in the extras or anything else, it was made from scratch and its my attempt to enhance a little more a movie already fantastic and beatiful to say the least.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 19, 2014, 01:05:44 PM
Quote from: Lord Freezer on Oct 19, 2014, 12:59:10 PM

Some stuff, such as the probe, was added by the editor.

Youtube comment:

QuoteBTW that scene isnt in the extras or anything else, it was made from scratch and its my attempt to enhance a little more a movie already fantastic and beatiful to say the least.

Well, that answers my question, so I guess the scene where Weyland is seeing the job interview of Elizabeth Shaw through a screen on the Mars colony must have been made ​​by the editor too.

@Lord Freezer, great Find! I am very curious to know the meaning of those words. What is what the Elder is saying to him?

BTW Is this is in the The Furious Gods: Making of Prometheus? Because I don't remember seeing this material there.

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Oct 19, 2014, 02:45:48 PM

@Lord Freezer, great Find! I am very curious to know the meaning of those words. What is what the Elder is saying to him?

The Elder says: "Let your body become the dirt. Your blood become the waters, and may your soul become their way back to us."

I believe the spirit  (understood as energy) of the young engineer back to the creator (Paradise???)  ::)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Lord Freezer on Oct 19, 2014, 03:45:52 PM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Oct 19, 2014, 02:45:48 PM

The Elder says: "Let your body become the dirt. Your blood become the waters, and may your soul become their way back to us."

I believe the spirit  (understood as energy) of the young engineer back to the creator (Paradise???)  ::)

Wow, it sounds very religious and seems to suggest that there is a creator in all this mythology. It is an interesting subject, that the sequel to this film could address (once the movie comes out of development hell, of course) :P

oduodu

There is also a scene showing small spheres leaving the interior of the Prometheus, while the ship is in the space. Is this fan made? or authentic?

i think spaihts draft there were probes leaving the ship prior to them enetering the atmosphere. how many scenes were cut out before they finished ?

it seems a lot of things were cut at a very late stage.

xeno_alpha_07

The probe(s) were added by the editor.

oduodu

thanks xeno alpha 07

so not legit then ??

ok

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Oct 13, 2014, 03:58:01 PM
A while ago I was asked to compile a list of deleted scenes for Prometheus that wasn't included on the blu-ray/DVD set.  Here's the article: Clicky I was was wondering if anyone else knew of any other deleted scenes not included on the blu-ray/DVD set with pictures and info?  Thanks.

The link to the article isn't working any more. What's going on?

Sorry found it:

http://www.scified.com/news/prometheus--the-lesser-known-deleted-and-alternate-scenes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed