Potential DLC Details? [Spoilers]

Started by ikarop, Oct 10, 2014, 09:54:30 PM

Author
Potential DLC Details? [Spoilers] (Read 26,514 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: robbritton on Oct 14, 2014, 12:17:37 PM
so whether it's another ship of that class, or an unused earlier name for the Anesidora, it isn't the ship from Alien 3.

Indeed, the Patna from Alien 3 is the same Sulaco spaceship model from Aliens with the guns removed.

That said, ships from different eras will often get the same name again. For example, the were five sailing ships named the USS Enterprise and three aircraft carriers named USS Enterprise over the years.

Xenoscream

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 13, 2014, 10:56:33 PM
We reached out to Creative Assembly and a studio representative provided us with the following information about these DLC related files:

"We've got five exciting add-on packs currently in development for Alien: Isolation, the first of which is planned for release towards the end of October. The files found within the installation that you've seen are by no means final and may change during the course of the coming months."

That's a lot of add on packs. Let hope for more than just survivor maps & new models.

Seegson

Seegson

My two cents for DLC maps..."gravity 0 map" So you have to wear the helmet...there is no sound out there (well a little inside your helmet) and you have to use the tracker...coz you cant hear the alien. You have to jump from one place to another...things floating all over the place...strange fire behavior etc...

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 14, 2014, 09:43:15 PM
My two cents for DLC maps..."gravity 0 map" So you have to wear the helmet...there is no sound out there (well a little inside your helmet) and you have to use the tracker...coz you cant hear the alien. You have to jump from one place to another...things floating all over the place...strange fire behavior etc...

Straight out of Dead Space.

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 14, 2014, 09:52:58 PM
Quote from: Seegson on Oct 14, 2014, 09:43:15 PM

Straight out of Dead Space.

Well, i was thinking more about the mission 10 final moments

anesidora

I would be interested in seeing a follow-up mission for Marlow and the crew of the Anesidora.

It would show them going through Sevastopol's quarantine, the player gets to explore the station and interact with the citizens for awhile. Then they are apprehended by the Marshals for the Nostromo's flight recorder, Foster is suddenly complaining of chest pains, and it concludes with the alien emerging in the Operating Room.

Taxemic

Taxemic

How ever much I agree that I'd likie to see that chest burst, a story DLC for Alien Isolation with no Alien seems...unlikely.

Jango1201

Quote from: Taxemic on Oct 16, 2014, 11:11:38 AM
How ever much I agree that I'd likie to see that chest burst, a story DLC for Alien Isolation with no Alien seems...unlikely.

Unless they do a mini campaign add on like ACM and have that idea as the first level.

markweatherill

Scary door DLC would be good.

ikarop

ikarop

Just noticed you can see the file sizes for all upcoming DLCs here: https://steamdb.info/app/214490/depots/

Skull

Skull

Looking at the size of those dlc packs , the could be story dlc
or mabye episodes  . I hope to see the outbreak on the station but through
The eyes of different characters (axel, waits, ) ?  or as the doc en witness the chestburster come out
Foster .

ikarop

ikarop

Some of them are 3 times the size of the pre-order bonus DLC so one would hope. Not that file size is indicative of much in terms of gameplay length anyway.

QuoteA:I PRE DLC 1 (282510) Depot      450.15 MB   
A:I PRE DLC 2 ( Depot      515.98 MB   
A:I DLC 1 (282512) Depot      1.76 GB   
A:I DLC 2 (282513) Depot      1.50 GB   
A:I DLC 3 (282514) Depot      835.73 MB   
A:I DLC 4 (282515) Depot      786.59 MB   
A:I DLC 5 (282516) Depot      1.11 GB

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 20, 2014, 10:02:29 AM
Some of them are 3 times the size of the pre-order bonus DLC so one would hope. Not that file size is indicative of much in terms of gameplay length anyway.

QuoteA:I PRE DLC 1 (282510) Depot      450.15 MB   
A:I PRE DLC 2 ( Depot      515.98 MB   
A:I DLC 1 (282512) Depot      1.76 GB   
A:I DLC 2 (282513) Depot      1.50 GB   
A:I DLC 3 (282514) Depot      835.73 MB   
A:I DLC 4 (282515) Depot      786.59 MB   
A:I DLC 5 (282516) Depot      1.11 GB

Yeah, they'll probably recycle a lot of the existing textures from the base install for the DLC. My guess would be that the story DLC are those files in excess of 1 GB as they would likely need to contain lots of new dialogue which can take up a bit of disc space.

ikarop

ikarop

I don't think there will be much differences between them. It could be just repacked areas since the layouts may be different, TECH_COMMS weights around 800 mb in the main game for instance.

Darkness

Darkness

So the DLC for all five packs are completely done now if they've got specific file sizes?

Seems to me that this was done well before the game was released and they deliberately held it back?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed