Launch Trailer

Started by aliens13, Oct 06, 2014, 03:56:13 PM

Author
Launch Trailer (Read 7,320 times)

aliens13

aliens13

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic trailer. Looks gorgeous. Feel so happy to see all those good quotes.

Doggo33

Doggo33

In Space No One Can Hear You Scream. But they can hear the sound of the spaceship flying past.

RayneStorm82

RayneStorm82

Quote from: CelticPred97 on Oct 06, 2014, 06:43:05 PM
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream. But they can hear the sound of the spaceship flying past.

SCIENCE!!?!

Ash 937

Ash 937

Does anybody else find it odd that (pre-judging from the reviews) the best game to date for this franchise is based Alien and NOT Aliens?

I find that incredibly strange and kind of sad, actually.

christian.velguth

christian.velguth

Well. it is possible that exhaust and expanding gasses from the passing ship cause the structure of Sevastopol to vibrate, creating sound...or something.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 06, 2014, 09:42:19 PM
Does anybody else find it odd that (pre-judging from the reviews) the best game to date for this franchise is based Alien and NOT Aliens?

I find that incredibly strange and kind of sad, actually.

The only good ALIENS games were all crossovers sadly.

SM

SM

1979 called...

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 06, 2014, 09:42:19 PM

No.

I adore Aliens, but I think it's obvious its action orientation lends itself to a more mainstream sort of game design than the original film - not that there's anything wrong with that. But I think that unfortunately, familiarity with those various shoot-em-ups and FPS over the last several decades has bred contempt and laziness among gamers and game designers. The aliens became bullet sponges and the stories and scares became crap. A lot of companies and execs decided all people wanted was to pew-pew the aliens and enjoy the iconography.

What I hope is that Isolation - assuming it is a success - opens the door for more, varied and better games in the franchise of all different types, be they action shooters or RPGs a la that cancelled project a while back. I'd love to see an Aliens RPG with multiple characters to control with their own little backstories, banding together, a la Mass Effect, with a rich plotline.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ooh, I liked that song at the end. Nice change from the fairly generic trailer BWOMs they had at the start.

Jarac

Jarac

So pumped. Finally, a true Alien game that does the franchise justice. Can't wait to pick this baby up tomorrow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed